temperature gun

soulboy

I will not only explain,i will do it with detailed pictures.That way even the most remedial mechanics can understand.

And I said "WITHIN" 2-3 feet,Obviously the closer you get,the more accurate and the easier to isolate an area.Most people don't realize that a IR gun,much like a headlight has a focused beam,the farther you move away from the object,the wider the pattern.

I quoted your post. It doesnt say the closer you get the more accurate it is.

the most effective and accurate measurements should be taken within 2-3 feet of the target.

Thats the great thing about Aluminum,its ability to transfer heat quick and efficiently are its best characteristics,which make the IR gun a perfect diagnostic tool.

The other great thing about aluminum is its ability to dissapate heat. Wich lowers your accuracy of measureing a hot bearing temp.

I quoted your post. It doesnt say the closer you get the more accurate it is.

that kinda goes without saying when using a temp gun. :shrugani: thats like quoting somebody that says," you should practice shooting a basketball within 10ft of the hoop", and bein like, i quoted your post and it doesnt say the closer you are the easier it will be to make it in the hoop. lol, it's common sense, really. :lol:

that kinda goes without saying when using a temp gun. :shrugani: thats like quoting somebody that says," you should practice shooting a basketball within 10ft of the hoop", and bein like, i quoted your post and it doesnt say the closer you are the easier it will be to make it in the hoop. lol, it's common sense, really. :lol:

I quoted his instructions to show that he says to measure it one way, then later goes on and says to do it another way.

Not as the word of GOD on how to use a ir temp gun.