What is a good brand crank

If you're doing a 4mil or smaller and have the choice of Wiseco, Vito's or Hotrods....Hotrods would be my first choice. TDR offers a pretty decent forged crank for your 7-10mil applications, if you're looking at billet I prefer Crankworks over Twister personally.

-Brandon

Yeah I think 4mm would be the. Biggest I would go stock or 4mm. But it depends on if I have to port the cylinder or not with a 4mm crank. And about what would that cost to do hear in MI . Thanks so far hot rods is better then wiseco I take it so hot rods or vitos. Thanks.

Drew , check Detroit CL, at least two adds for cyls. Was add while back for brand new cyl , think it was right. Maybe post WTB for a cyl. I'm N.W. of Pine Knob. BTW, be leary of the "fellow" in Macomb , little shady and overpriced.

Ok thanks for the info. I'll check out CL. Its been a little time since I have look on there. Thanks again. Larry.

Also check Flint CL two adds for jugs, Grand Blanc and Flushing (1 1/2 hr for U )

Ok I'll check that also. But I just found these. Stock bore. trinity racing stage IV drag port. Done but what is this port good for and can I run a stroker crank in it. And he said ready to put studs in and go for $225. Let me know what u think on these. And what I can do with them. Thanks

Porting is stroke and rod length specific. If the porting is aggressive ie: drag ports and most dune/aggressive dune ports they can't be re-ported for a longer crank stroke. Drag ports wouldn't suit your trail riding very well. If your looking to do a trail freindly 4mil you will want to run cut domes and no spacer plate. Have the cylinders ported to match the stroke. It's really the only right way to do a stroker setup. Virgin cylinders with a low bore go all of the time for $200-$250. I have 2 sets for sale if you need some of them. If you plan to stay with a stock stroke the oem cran with some good bearings and true/weld job is the best bet you have for reliability. I will have a good used OEM crank for sale in about a month for sure maybe sooner if you're still in the market hit me up. Other than that, buyer beware when puchasing used rotating assemblies. Be sure to check into the sellers reputation before you purchase a used crank.

-B

Porting is stroke and rod length specific. If the porting is aggressive ie: drag ports and most dune/aggressive dune ports they can't be re-ported for a longer crank stroke. Drag ports wouldn't suit your trail riding very well. If your looking to do a trail freindly 4mil you will want to run cut domes and no spacer plate. Have the cylinders ported to match the stroke. It's really the only right way to do a stroker setup. Virgin cylinders with a low bore go all of the time for $200-$250. I have 2 sets for sale if you need some of them. If you plan to stay with a stock stroke the oem cran with some good bearings and true/weld job is the best bet you have for reliability. I will have a good used OEM crank for sale in about a month for sure maybe sooner if you're still in the market hit me up. Other than that, buyer beware when puchasing used rotating assemblies. Be sure to check into the sellers reputation before you purchase a used crank.

-B

Ok that was helpful on the porting. And yes I want to stay stock bore or up to .020 because I have a new .020 left cylinder and piston with about 5hours no port work. So I will stay away from that drag ports I would like to get some with out port work done. I'm think on getting new crank so I know it should be good and reliable. And yes I have seen some post with people not happy with sellers that's y I have not bought a used crank from ebay. I'm not sure who is a good seller and who are the bad. So I would like to go new on the crank. I'm greatful for your info. I might want to get the crank first be for the cylinders so I can get the cases back together again. But I look around for good cylinders. Thanks. For the info.

hey drew i bet vito's could get you that crank pretty quick seein as how they're like right around the corner from us here in michigan...give him a call....he's got a pretty good rep around here

Yeah I was on there web site and seen they are in oxford that's like 20min away. That's a good thing. But I'm still undecided about getting the vitos or the hot rods ? . I found a stock stroke hot rods for $350 shipped. And the vitos for $350. And I might be able to pick that up. But I want a good crank with the best bearings on it ? . And is klotz bébol oil mix good long lasting for the main bearings ? . That's what I have been using for a few years now. If u guys can help me a little more that will be great. Thanks.

Yeah I was on there web site and seen they are in oxford that's like 20min away. That's a good thing. But I'm still undecided about getting the vitos or the hot rods ? . I found a stock stroke hot rods for $350 shipped. And the vitos for $350. And I might be able to pick that up. But I want a good crank with the best bearings on it ? . And is klotz bébol oil mix good long lasting for the main bearings ? . That's what I have been using for a few years now. If u guys can help me a little more that will be great. Thanks.

I just had a good mechanic tell me to go with a wiseco crank. But not one of u guys recommended a wiseco crank. I'm just thinking about flipping a coin and going with that one. I just don't know its a hard one I just want a good reliable crank and bearings.

I would run a Hot Rods over a vito's and wiseco crank. Hot Rods have held up fine in 90+ hp 421 Cubs.

Vito's cranks use dowl pins to keep the race from turning in the cases. Hot Rods uses a Rubber o ring. If you want a name brand crank then wiseco and vito's are out. Hot Rods is the standard. People will say that all the parts are made by the same forging company in Tiawan. This is probably true. But if you buying a cheap crank on the bottom end of the price scale your not getting first run qualiy parts. They may be second's or thirds.