Diamond j widening kit

Jtw

Does any one know if that diamond j arm widening kit could be retro fitted or modified to fit a j-arm banshee. As I look at the pics it's seems feesible. I would only use one pair of the upper brackets and I could weld some thing in it for more support. I am in no way a hardcore mx or drag guy. I just want something wider for when I trail ride. I've tried wheel spacers before and they have lead into broken tie rods. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Here's a link to the pics

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yamaha-Banshee-A-arms-Widening-Shocks-Conversion-Kit-/310217237965?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&hash=item483a6365cd#ht_7432wt_948

Edited by Jtw

Does any one know if that diamond j arm widening kit could be retro fitted or modified to fit a j-arm banshee. As I look at the pics it's seems feesible. I would only use one pair of the upper brackets and I could weld some thing in it for more support. I am in no way a hardcore mx or drag guy. I just want something wider for when I trail ride. I've tried wheel spacers before and they have lead into broken tie rods. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Here's a link to the pics

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yamaha-Banshee-A-arms-Widening-Shocks-Conversion-Kit-/310217237965?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&hash=item483a6365cd#ht_7432wt_948

MAKE YOUR ARMS WIDER AND LOWER IT AND USE EXTRA TIERODS FOR SUPPORT TO YOUR FRAME OLD 87S MODS GOOD LUCK.

Thats the opposite of what one wants on anything. You want the a-arms as close as possible on the frame so the Geo is not thrown out the window with nasty bump steer and will also put your shock angle way off and lower it and all that jazz.

That kit moves them outwards and is also more stuff to end up breaking.

Look at the 250r or any of the 450's out there or even rails, the a-arms are very close together bolted to the frame with a bit of rake also.

Theres a few threads on this also on here awhile back with some discussion also..

Put your hands in the air and back away from the keyboard ,DON'T do it . Here is what you want http://bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=135526 Put $300 bux with what you'll waste on that and buy some J-arms from Stellar. BTW, I'd like to know what an old 87S mod is also.

Edited by Larry's Shee

Like every body said DON'T DO IT. I suggest +2 a-arms or a YFZ450 front end convert from ebay over that. But if you want it wider and cheap, pop off your tires cap off the old valve stem, drill an new hole for the stem on the other side and filp the rims around and you have cheap extra width. I know that is harder on the spindles doing this mod but I did that on my wifes Kawasaki Lakota to match the 2+2 axle and it has been ridden hard for years with no issues.

One of the biggest down falls of the shee chassis is how wide the front of the frame is. Making the a-arm pivot point wider will make handling even worse. Save your money and get wider arms. Remember "The bitterness of faulty products linger long after the cheap price is forgotten.