cylinder sleeving

crash&burn

Has any one ever resleaved there cylinders i have no more room for boring and and its time for fresh cylinders mine are powder coated and ported and was thinkin it would be cheaper to resleeve then by new cylyinders and try to match my powdercoating and another port job... so whats cheaper or is buying better

Has any one ever resleaved there cylinders i have no more room for boring and and its time for fresh cylinders mine are powder coated and ported and was thinkin it would be cheaper to resleeve then by new cylyinders and try to match my powdercoating and another port job... so whats cheaper or is buying better

If you do decide to resleeve,check out lake motorsports,they make a sleeve called viper I think and they have a exhuast bridge so you can go alot wider with the exhuast,but they are like 130 each,plus haveing them installed,but they are 60hp without porting.

All you gotta do is check a price on sleeves and see how much your local shop (or better yet a machinist on here) wants to install them, I've never done a banshee, but dirtbikes arent bad to do at all, just make sure you match all your ports perfectly most sleeves come with small ports so you may port-match and chamfer them perfectly for good timing and flow...

I had a pair of cylinders resleeved. I bought them dirt cheap with a patriot racing 4 mill drag port. It cost about as much as (actually a little cheaper) buying good nonported oem cylinders and having them ported.

I had dan at patriot racing resleeve the cylinders. That way the sleeves are matched up correctly. Who knows the original port work better than the guy who originally done it. I would at least use a sight sponcer who speciallizes in banshee's over your local machine shop. The original porter would be best.

I had big bore sleeves installed in mine. Why not gain some displacement while your at it. Some people will tell you big bore sleeves will choke the transfer ports due to there larger diameter. This is some what true depending on what sleeves you get. I had smaller big bore sleeves put in mine. The bore was 66mm to 68 or 68.5mm. I could see the larger 70 or 72mm big bore sleeves choking the transfers. The ones I had didn't go out to the head studs, and there was still aluminum against the sleeves in the transfer ports.

I had a pair of cylinders resleeved. I bought them dirt cheap with a patriot racing 4 mill drag port. It cost about as much as (actually a little cheaper) buying good nonported oem cylinders and having them ported.

I had dan at patriot racing resleeve the cylinders. That way the sleeves are matched up correctly. Who knows the original port work better than the guy who originally done it. I would at least use a sight sponcer who speciallizes in banshee's over your local machine shop. The original porter would be best.

I had big bore sleeves installed in mine. Why not gain some displacement while your at it. Some people will tell you big bore sleeves will choke the transfer ports due to there larger diameter. This is some what true depending on what sleeves you get. I had smaller big bore sleeves put in mine. The bore was 66mm to 68 or 68.5mm. I could see the larger 70 or 72mm big bore sleeves choking the transfers. The ones I had didn't go out to the head studs, and there was still aluminum against the sleeves in the transfer ports.

you wouldn't happen to remeber about the price of the machine work would you

Unless it specifies that they are for an aftermarkert cylinder then they should be for oem yamaha cylinders. You can get some called heavy duity. Those start out at 64mm and go all the way to 68 or 68.5mm. I think that is what was installed in mine. Then they just bored them out to 66mm.

Unless it specifies that they are for an aftermarkert cylinder then they should be for oem yamaha cylinders. You can get some called heavy duity. Those start out at 64mm and go all the way to 68 or 68.5mm. I think that is what was installed in mine. Then they just bored them out to 66mm.

you are correct that the heavy duty sleeves start out at 64mm, but they can be punched out to 69.5mm.