Best Gas Can?

Schweet97Z

theres several tanks that have a retractable spout. theyll look like this... rectractable spout before they came out with these new "environment friendly caps", that now look like this spout with store/ pour lever

When I go riding I put a gas can on the back for when I run out, however the can get all dusty etc...Id like to find a gas can that the spout can be either taken off and can caped, or with some kind of retractable spout. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Eagle is the kind of can I use. They are made of galvanized metal, and are quite sturdy. They come with a hands free, removable funnel that fits tightly to the spout. They are a little pricey, but well worth it imo. The lid is lever activated and spring loaded, so it seals tightly when you let off the handle. Being metal, they are great to store fuel in also. I bought mine at Lowes.

Eagle is the kind of can I use. They are made of galvanized metal, and are quite sturdy. They come with a hands free, removable funnel that fits tightly to the spout. They are a little pricey, but well worth it imo. The lid is lever activated and spring loaded, so it seals tightly when you let off the handle. Being metal, they are great to store fuel in also. I bought mine at Lowes.

The only prob with those cans are, they are round and wont fit in my 6 pack rack, and the spout is out in the open to where it can get dusty and I have a greater chance of getting dirt and debris into my gas tank.

Oh okay, I gotcha.. sorry about that, I read through the post too fast and was thinking about the back of the truck at the riding area. Yeah I know what you mean, most modern plastic cans these days have a bad spout design. I remember those that had the pleated spout that retracted back into the can, but haven't seen one in the stores around here in a long time.

Oh okay, I gotcha.. sorry about that, I read through the post too fast and was thinking about the back of the truck at the riding area. Yeah I know what you mean, most modern plastic cans these days have a bad spout design. I remember those that had the pleated spout that retracted back into the can, but haven't seen one in the stores around here in a long time.

No problem man. I appreciate your input!

Yeah I know what you mean, most modern plastic cans these days have a bad spout design. I remember those that had the pleated spout that retracted back into the can, but haven't seen one in the stores around here in a long time.

Unfortunatly those gas cans are gone. The new safty can's are designed to keep fuel from evaporating. They sell them as safty but it is an environmental issue. I spill way more gas using one of those hokey plastic safty cans vs how much gas I lost due to evaporation with those pleated retractabe spouts. If you look online or in stores you can find replacement acordion / pleated retractable. I bought some cause I figured their production days are numbered.