Cdi Box

jst854

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/YAMAHA-BANSHEE-350-CDI-REV-BOX-IGNITION-87-94-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3a5ede4d61QQitemZ250699730273QQptZMotorsQ5fATVQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_4233wt_716

This is the CDI box that is on my bike now and I cant get it running right. The bike does run different when I turn the screw but still not anywhere close to where it should be. Are these boxes know to be bad?

Most aftermarket cdi's are made by the same company. (Procom). Peel the lable off and see for your self. Aftermarket cdi boxes are junk and unreliable. Dyna Digital FS is about the only one that is not a relabled procom. The programable dyna cdi is the only aftermarket one worth buying. If your not going to spend the money and dyno time to make your own custom curves then just stick with a OEM Yamaha cdi.90% of the drag racers just stick with oem.

Most aftermarket cdi's are made by the same company. (Procom). Peel the lable off and see for your self. Aftermarket cdi boxes are junk and unreliable. Dyna Digital FS is about the only one that is not a relabled procom. The programable dyna cdi is the only aftermarket one worth buying. If your not going to spend the money and dyno time to make your own custom curves then just stick with a OEM Yamaha cdi.90% of the drag racers just stick with oem.

Ok thanks guys,

I have a stock one but the wires are cut so I will fix those up and see how that works

wtf?? did you see what they did to the timing curve on that??? that thing will kill topend and rev-out on all settings. but, you do get to fine tune the initial advance....before the powerband....hahaha.....dyna fs ftmfw!.....oh, and the dyna increases spark, and has decent curves in it already. just flop a switch, or 2 and run the one that feels best.

wtf?? did you see what they did to the timing curve on that??? that thing will kill topend and rev-out on all settings. but, you do get to fine tune the initial advance....before the powerband....hahaha.....dyna fs ftmfw!.....oh, and the dyna increases spark, and has decent curves in it already. just flop a switch, or 2 and run the one that feels best.

I swaped out the CDI box with my brothers shee and now mine rips and his wont rev out. What a joke a brand new CDI box that wont even run. Going to find a used stock one and toss that one in the garbage

I run my Dyna on the 3rd setting. No need for all the programming and custom curve mumbo jumbo unless your hardcore into getting every .0000001 HP out of you motor. By one, plug it in, find your setting, ride it and be happy with the great improvements you will gain. :headbang:

What does the dynatek add to the qauds? Do you need certain mods to get more performence outta the cdi box..??? I done know anything about them!

Has to ability to advance and retard timing based on rpms. HIgher timing is needed at lower rpms to extract max hp and tq. Lower timing is better at higher rpms to let the motor rev more without fighting itself. The stock box already does this, but you can program your own maps into the dyna,or run one of the 4 preset maps that advance the timiing over stock. If you run the dyna you may need to run higher octane gas, depending on compression.