k&n filter rubbing against pipes help please!

SMOKEHAZARD

Hey everyone I just rescently had my cyclinders ported by Herr Jugs and I must say they are awesome!!! I had stock carbs but I am the process of upgrading to Keihin 33mm. I have everything switched over but now when I go to put my K&N filters on they rub right against my pipes which are FMF fattys. Has anyone ever had this problem and what can I do to fix this problem. Is there no way to run 33mm carbs with FMF fattys. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated!!

The filters that I have are 3 1/2 X 6 with angle flange. The right side is not too bad and I can see where the heat wrap would work good for that side but with the left side I can barely even get the filter on without bending it all to hell. jbooker82 I see that you have the 33mm to! What pipes do you have and did you have the same issue that I do? Call me lucky or call me crazy cause I have two banshee and my other one with Shearer pipes there is more clearance for the filters. I am just woundering if this is just an issue with the FMF FATTYS or most other pipes too. Thanks for everyones help and advice.

The filters that I have are 3 1/2 X 6 with angle flange. The right side is not too bad and I can see where the heat wrap would work good for that side but with the left side I can barely even get the filter on without bending it all to hell. jbooker82 I see that you have the 33mm to! What pipes do you have and did you have the same issue that I do? Call me lucky or call me crazy cause I have two banshee and my other one with Shearer pipes there is more clearance for the filters. I am just woundering if this is just an issue with the FMF FATTYS or most other pipes too. Thanks for everyones help and advice.

I am running a boss billit intake with built in cross over, Pod filters with a 10 deg angle (20's were to much the filter hit the bottom bar under the rear of the filters), CPI pipes. I dont even run a heat wrap on the RH side.

100_2136.jpg

100_2135.jpg

100_2138.jpg

100_2131.jpg

100_2130.jpg

100_2122.jpg

100_2171.jpg

Pic of my Intake running my old PJ's and FMF SST's. It had some funny oval cone shaped filters. They were on it when I bought it. They were pretty small too.

BossIntake2.jpg

BossIntake1.jpg

Here is the PJ's and UPP racing larger factory style intakes. These were on my banshee when I bought it. The LH bowl hit the clutch arm and you can see the carb sit lower. It had an air box too.

Banshee_9.jpg

the wraps are a must... no more melted outer wears... filters... plastics... wire harness... u can even see them once u add a seat... one the best mods i did... :cheers: i also have boss intakes.... wit angle filters... still needed the wraps... as the shears still hit them... on left....

Thanks guys for your help and info. jbooker thanks for the pics! My filters have 20 deg. angle so I am going to try the 10 deg. and hope that helps. By looking at jbooker's pics it looks like the cpi pipes are a little higher up closer to the top frame rail giving it more clearance. My FMF's have about 1/2inch or more from top of the pipe to bottom of the frame rail. I guess what I am trying to say is that the cpi pipes are somewhat closer to the top frame rail then my FMF's thus giving them more clearance for the filters. If there is anyone out there with FMF fattys and bigger carbs with clamp on filters I would like to hear from you! Again thanks for the help guys!!