making 2006 banchee faster

swordfish028

hey guys im new to this site i purchased a 2006 banshee couple of months ago. It has been jetted has toomey t-5 exhaust and some cylinder work done to it. What can i do to make it alot faster as far as air filter, carbs reeds. Does boost bootles really work. Do i use 2 in one fliter without airbox? I dont know anything about engines I just know how to ride the hell out of them. The bike runs perfect starts on 1st kick. The previous owner was using Maxima castor 927 2cycle oil with 93 gas @ 32:1. Is that the right mix. Tell me what i need to get to keep up with the big boys that will not hurt my pockets too much. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I am NEW to this site so i havent gotten the hang of everything yet.

hey guys im new to this site i purchased a 2006 banshee couple of months ago. It has been jetted has toomey t-5 exhaust and some cylinder work done to it. What can i do to make it alot faster as far as air filter, carbs reeds. Does boost bootles really work. Do i use 2 in one fliter without airbox? I dont know anything about engines I just know how to ride the hell out of them. The bike runs perfect starts on 1st kick. The previous owner was using Maxima castor 927 2cycle oil with 93 gas @ 32:1. Is that the right mix. Tell me what i need to get to keep up with the big boys that will not hurt my pockets too much. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I am NEW to this site so i havent gotten the hang of everything yet.

Porting is the best bang for your buck next to increased timing. I don't like 927 but it is a good oil 32:1 is an ok ratio. But if you wanna keep up with the big boys you're gonna need to hurt the pocket book! Bigger crank, good porting, carbs, reeds, compression, timing, and suspension to get the power to the ground isn't free.

SP

Welcome to BHQ!

If your not riding in big puddles, ditch the air box and get some pod filters. An adjustable timing plate is a cheap mod, i would run +4. Porting is a great way to gain HP without spending a ton, I personally like Wildcard Racing for porting or any work on your banshee. With some motor mods you will HAVE too re-jet.

Don't run a boost bottle, they don't do anything for power. I like running Klotz R-50 at 40:1, but everyone is differant on oils and ratios.

welcome to BHQ

like the other guys said, running with the big dogs costs money no matter what you run! sounnds to me like you've been bitten by the banshee bug. I have. I just put a mill F.A.S.T racing agresive dune port in my shee runs great! but I'm already looking for more power. it's a great addiction to have, nothing like starting a b.a. banshee and hearing it's sweeeeet sound.

I would call Jeff at F.A.S.T. racing and tell him your budget and riding style and let him recomend what he would do, you wont be disapointed.