Banshee Headlights

SandShots

Im looking to get some aftermarket headlights for my banshee and want to see whats out there that i possibly havent seen.

Id like to get something thats small in diameter, at least as small as possible for the low profile look. U guys got some pictures or recommendations? what do you like? all ideas and comments welcomed.

Bump on the lights. I was riding at midnight a few weeks ago in WV and ran up on a Ranger RZR with some blinding blue ass looking lights. To be honest I couldn't run him down to ask him about them cause I couldn't see shit.

those are gonna be some HID's. my bro has em on his yfz and they are killer for nightriding, hes got 4 of them on his bike, two on the frame and two on the bars.

I went from stock... to PIAAs (yamaha factory replacements) ... to 4" HIDs with a battery conversion. I wouldn't recommend anything other than HIDs for safety reasons.

The trail tech MR16 HID package is the smallest ones I have seen.

I went from stock... to PIAAs (yamaha factory replacements) ... to 4" HIDs with a battery conversion. I wouldn't recommend anything other than HIDs for safety reasons.

The trail tech MR16 HID package is the smallest ones I have seen.

You can run led lights and use less wattage, with less heat, at a still very high lumen output.

Im looking to get some aftermarket headlights for my banshee and want to see whats out there that i possibly havent seen.

Id like to get something thats small in diameter, at least as small as possible for the low profile look. U guys got some pictures or recommendations? what do you like? all ideas and comments welcomed.

go to a auto store for a 50 watt hid flood and spot light .20 to 300$ a set

go to a auto store for a 50 watt hid flood and spot light .20 to 300$ a set

Those won't work. A stock stator won't run 50 watt lights, the limit for a stock stator is 2 35 watt headlights plus the taillight. Also to run HIDs on a Banshee requires a DC conversion- floating the ground and adding a rectifier/regulator in place of the stock regulator. Also, where can you get a HID light for $20?

Those won't work. A stock stator won't run 50 watt lights, the limit for a stock stator is 2 35 watt headlights plus the taillight. Also to run HIDs on a Banshee requires a DC conversion- floating the ground and adding a rectifier/regulator in place of the stock regulator. Also, where can you get a HID light for $20?

X2 WTF? :shootself: You also have to run a battery or a capacitor to handle the startup draw on the HID lights.

SHUT UP if you dont know what your talking about. And wtf is up with your interests? LMFAO

lol. Think he may have thought he was filling out a profile for eharmony.com. :confused:

back to the topic, a dc conversion will give you more options, but like theeechozen1 said, the trail techs are all I've seen.

Snopczynski, i know you have those leds, to they project out as far as an hid?

okay for those of you with hids where did you get them? was it a kit or could it be done cheaper by building/buying seperate parts? can anyone do a small writeup of how they went about doing it?

i had hids on my truck before i sold it and loved em. night riding with the banshee is too hard to have fun with the stock lights. what does teh stock system run now voltage wise? 12vac? thats a pain.....

okay for those of you with hids where did you get them? was it a kit or could it be done cheaper by building/buying seperate parts? can anyone do a small writeup of how they went about doing it?

i had hids on my truck before i sold it and loved em. night riding with the banshee is too hard to have fun with the stock lights. what does teh stock system run now voltage wise? 12vac? thats a pain.....

stock is 12v ac. doing a bulb conversion with a ballast is too bulky to be worth it for hid's.

The Solstice LED light puts out 900 lumens, and the spots project just as far as an equivelant outpu HID light does.

Well come to find out that the new ballasts and all will take ac or dc voltage as long as its in the corect voltage. ie 12 volts. and the slim kits have ballasts that look to be the size of a deck of cards. they already have capacitors wired in right before the ballast. i figured it would be pretty easy to wire in a little battery in a nice strong metal box under the seat or something. all i would have to do is get a transformer to convert to dc voltage to charge the battery correct?

and where can you find an equivalent output HID at 900 lumens? these kits have 3000 lumen output at 6000k temp. Granted the housing wouldn't be best for the direction the light is broadcasted but for $50 more you can get a complete lens, housing, wiring, bulbs, and ballasts to make sure the light is right.

Well come to find out that the new ballasts and all will take ac or dc voltage as long as its in the corect voltage. ie 12 volts. and the slim kits have ballasts that look to be the size of a deck of cards. they already have capacitors wired in right before the ballast. i figured it would be pretty easy to wire in a little battery in a nice strong metal box under the seat or something. all i would have to do is get a transformer to convert to dc voltage to charge the battery correct?

and where can you find an equivalent output HID at 900 lumens? these kits have 3000 lumen output at 6000k temp. Granted the housing wouldn't be best for the direction the light is broadcasted but for $50 more you can get a complete lens, housing, wiring, bulbs, and ballasts to make sure the light is right.

13w hid like trail tech's mr11 is around that lumen output (900 lumen).