problems with a cub

i just got another banshee but this one has a cheetah engine. i havent looked to much into cheetah engines so i need some help. this bike is built! i was told it is not ported and has 65mm pistons with a coolhead not sure what size domes. it also has 35mm carbs and boysen reeds, fmf pipes. so, the problem is once i ride it up the dunes a few times it starts to lose power. after i take off and go to shift into 3rd gear the motor just dies and i have to turn around when i try to go up a dune. i put some engine ice in it and a billet impeller and a new clutch thinking it was over heating or just a old clutch. any help would be great thanks.

Do you have a pingle on the gas tank? How long are you on the throttle going up the dunes? Seems early to be running the bowls dry in 3rd gear.

No i dont have a pingle. another thing, i did a compression check today both sides have 120. and im not on the trottle too long i usually dont even make it half way up the dune when it loses power. and it happens when ive been riding it for awhile so could it be over heating?

That's fairly low compression. And cubs love fuel so it could be not getting enough gas. Really hard to tell.

should i put in different size domes in the head? any ideas on what the right amount of compression should be in a cub engine? and i have been thinking that it wasnt getting enough fuel that maybe i should get a pingle but wasnt sure if it would work or i needed it. also, my other banshee has about 170 compression and it is just as fast as the cub there are also different mods between the 2 bikes too but wasnt sure if the compression had a big effect on the hp