CPI Installation

Having a heck of a time getting CPI's to mount up. I have cub cylinders and I am thinking that might have something to do with it. The left side won't clear my carb unless I tilt my carb 45 degrees to the right. Forget it with a pipe clamp. No way the pipe mounts at all.

I'll try again tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully the pipe has a different bend in it tomorrow.

Having a heck of a time getting CPI's to mount up. I have cub cylinders and I am thinking that might have something to do with it. The left side won't clear my carb unless I tilt my carb 45 degrees to the right. Forget it with a pipe clamp. No way the pipe mounts at all.

I'll try again tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully the pipe has a different bend in it tomorrow.

I have a set of big bore in-frame cpi on my bike with pipe clamps and I'm running pwk 35mm airstrykers,they will fit and you'll have to have a set of hose clamps to pull the stinger pipes to the frame and that will give you a little room for the pods,if your running any and I thought I was putting them on wrong and to come find out the cpi stamp is on the inside of the pipe?'go figure"so I switched them around and they fit.

The right side is good. Fits great and there is room for both the carb and the pod filter.

With the left side, there isn't any room for the carbs, let alone a pipe clamp or a filter.

They do look nice though. They make it look good. But just don't fit worth a darn on my setup.

The right side is good. Fits great and there is room for both the carb and the pod filter.

With the left side, there isn't any room for the carbs, let alone a pipe clamp or a filter.

They do look nice though. They make it look good. But just don't fit worth a darn on my setup.

yeah,I have the same problem on the left side to,what type of clamps are you using and carbs,my airstrykers just clear by a cunt hair,lol and I had to rerout one of the quad vent hose and I run a pingul dual petcock and the gas line barly fit"real close to the pipe clamp,I use the tear drop style clamp and turn the bottoms out.Andy at M&M ATV said I could go to a small bore pipe,but I guess that wouldn't solve the clearance problems.but he said the small bore dynoed a couple hp than the big bore,but the big bore lets more heat out.

Most any hardware store will have a 1/2"- 1" washer type spacer like fullthrottle has pictured above. that will really help with your problem. I dealt with the same thing and checked a few buddies rides and realized how far out the front hanger really had to be pushed out. Give it a shot.