egged out rear rims

banshee67

ok so i took my bike out to go ride for a day. it rode great from the last trip so i did just a quick check over( filters tire pressure chain lube stuff like that) and it ran great .all day and well while i was riding (six hours or so) the nuts on the left rear wheel came loose and egged out the hole which became more like slots. i didnt even notice the wheel was loose. it didnt wobble or anything so i didnt know the rim was messed up untill we unloaded the bikes off the trailer and the whole wheel popped off!!! i have a set of paddle tires with rims so i can swap rims for ahwile but i need to know what size of rim i need. i know its a t-9 rim but not sure of the size and the tire i have now is a 20x 11,? i think. i know the first number is a twenty. so any help would be great.

ok so i took my bike out to go ride for a day. it rode great from the last trip so i did just a quick check over( filters tire pressure chain lube stuff like that) and it ran great .all day and well while i was riding (six hours or so) the nuts on the left rear wheel came loose and egged out the hole which became more like slots. i didnt even notice the wheel was loose. it didnt wobble or anything so i didnt know the rim was messed up untill we unloaded the bikes off the trailer and the whole wheel popped off!!! i have a set of paddle tires with rims so i can swap rims for ahwile but i need to know what size of rim i need. i know its a t-9 rim but not sure of the size and the tire i have now is a 20x 11,? i think. i know the first number is a twenty. so any help would be great.

Measure the rim with a tape measure. Or you could always look on the side of the tire for the rim size. It will either be 20x11x8, 20x11x9, or 10x11x10, most likely. :headbang:

If your tire is a 20X11-9, that means the TIRE is 20 inches in diameter, it is 11 inches wide across the sidewalls when mounted on the recomended width rim and it fits on a 9 inch diameter wheel. None of this will tell you what size wheel you have except for the wheel diameter. You could put the listed size tire on a 9X8,9X9,or a 9X10 wheel. Whells are listed by diameter first and width last. So lokk at your tire sidewall to find the diameter and then take a tape measure and measurehow wide the WHEEL, not the tire, is at the point where the tire connects to the wheel, that is called the bead. Any decent tire or ATV shop should be able to figure this out.

If your tire is a 20X11-9, that means the TIRE is 20 inches in diameter, it is 11 inches wide across the sidewalls when mounted on the recomended width rim and it fits on a 9 inch diameter wheel. None of this will tell you what size wheel you have except for the wheel diameter. You could put the listed size tire on a 9X8,9X9,or a 9X10 wheel. Whells are listed by diameter first and width last. So lokk at your tire sidewall to find the diameter and then take a tape measure and measurehow wide the WHEEL, not the tire, is at the point where the tire connects to the wheel, that is called the bead. Any decent tire or ATV shop should be able to figure this out.

Yep then you have to figure out what off set the rims are.

i would weld a drill new holes.and some longer lug nuts like mine.