opions on the best oil

Iv never tried Klotz, but i have tried many other synthetic and non synthetic 2 stroke oils. Ams Oil burns the cleanest. If you have snowmobiles, you have to clean power valves. With every other oil iv used they are covered in Carbon and Gunk. But with Ams Oil its like new everytime i pull them out.

Never had a issue with carbon on the valves. Only time we did was when the customer did some mods and changed the jetting. Most sleds we sold we setup with non syn bombardier oil and Yamalube 2S

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

klotz super tech all the way...........

What sucks for us Joe.. Is that we really only have 4 oils to choose from. Super Tech, Benol', Castor927 and Redline alky mix. The reason I prefer the Redline oil is that its specificly made for alky.. it doesn't use the detergents and other ingredients that are used with gas oils. But.. good luck walking into a store to buy it on your way to a race.. cheapest place i've found it around here is through summit racing and its 70.00 a gallon after shipping..

SUPER TECH IT IS!!!!!!!!! lol

of all the topend oils i've seen used around here. caster927 is the most common, because it's sold every freakin place. then klotz about 1/2 as often, but some complain about the gummy buld-up. and amsoil is actually really nice for those who have ready acces to it. i prefer torco gp-7 for several reasons. it's verry similar to amsoil. it doesn't leave build-up or gum. it burns real clean. has excellent detergent, penetrating, protection and stability properties. it stays suspended/mixed with 90 and 100ll at -30f and below

I just dont buy into their whole marketing scheme.. and other oils are just as good at a lower price. I worked in a service dept.. Seen lots of bikes come through that claim to only ran amsoil.. Nothing special

Come on. What is cooler than telling all your friends your an Amsoil and you get the oil at cost.

Iv never tried Klotz, but i have tried many other synthetic and non synthetic 2 stroke oils. Ams Oil burns the cleanest. If you have snowmobiles, you have to clean power valves. With every other oil iv used they are covered in Carbon and Gunk. But with Ams Oil its like new everytime i pull them out.

x2 ive never seen my dads kx500 power valves work for two shits and when he switched to amsoil even with the jetting a little fat it burned real clean. Just my 2 cents

x2 ive never seen my dads kx500 power valves work for two shits and when he switched to amsoil even with the jetting a little fat it burned real clean. Just my 2 cents

Oh ya, i dont care what people say, its by far the best of the best.

Oh ya, i dont care what people say, its by far the best of the best.

one of your responses started with "ive never tried klotz...but.."

what others havnt you tried?

in order to make such a bold statement as " amsoil (which type?) is by far the best of the best", you should at least try all the other top competing brands, especially klotz oils. before making such a statement.

also, seeing as your only reason for amsoil being the best of the best, was that it didnt gum up powervalves as bad as some of the other oils you have tried, i wouldnt consider that reason enough to run it in our banshees... 99% of us dont have powervalves.

i also think the whole "ams oil dealer" thing is a joke.

i try to explain that to friends about their whole little dealer thing and why some people will recommend it till theyre blue in the face.. our local shop stopped carrying klotz, and now only sells ams oil. his reasoning when i asked him why...? "its cheaper" ... oh ok great, ill take 6 bottles! i mean cmon.. REALLY??

... i said "oh..." followed by a long pause, and walked out..

I used to run amsoil, and i never had any problems with it. But its a lot higher, they are definately proud of what they make. I switched to klotz, and I haven't had a bit of trouble with it. Amsoil has no smell too it either for those who like the 2 smoke smell. I think klotz is a very good oil.