Banshee locked up

dunner250

My banshee is a 4 mil dune port +4 timing fmf pipes cool heads. Its at 155 psi so I run a mix of race and pump gas, 50/50. It was dynoed tuned and started 2nd kick every time.

Wednesday getting ready to go to the dunes, I have to kick and kick to finally get it started. I was guessing that it sat for about a month so, and it just need to get the fuel back in the carbs. Also I noticed a small amount of fuel on the floor when I was starting it.

Friday when I got to the dunes, it was hard starting but once I got her running shee ran great. I went riding for about 30 min and headed back to camp. Got back ate dinner and went out again. I was running up a slight incline and the bike died. I tried starting and no luck. I let it sit for 10 mins or so and then got it to start, drove back to camp pulled plugs and they look oily so I cleaned them up and it fired back up again. So I took off again and just about the same spot the bike die and this time tires stop spinning. I tried kicking it over and it wouldn't even turn over. I let it sit for a few minutes then kicked it over there was no compressions. Bike kicked over supper easy, way to easy. Got towed back to camp, bike is toast. I noticed the exhaust pipes look light gray with no oily residue. I guessing bike got lean some how?

I can put in a new top end but I'm wanting to know the cause so I don't keep going threw top ends. The bike had about 12-15 gallons of gas ran threw it on a total rebuild. Any thought on where to start?

Just cause the plugs look good doesnt mean your jetted right. You could be lean on the main and rich on the needle. 80-90% of your driving is done inbetween 1/4-3/4 throttle (on the needle) that 10-20% of the time your on the main jet it could have been lean doing damage. You might not nessessarly been riding at wot enough to change the plug color.

It was ethire an air leak or a jetting issue.