Someone explain to me why my banshee did this!

So I am riding today and felt like doing donuts, Well I am having fun doing donuts and seen my temps were getting around 200 and said thats enough need to ride to cool it down, So I gunned it down the trail and comming up on a turn I let off the throttle except the engine did not stop, It continued to rev, I quick pulled the clutch and hit the kill switch but there was no kill, It continued to rev in a very wierd sounding way and I finally got it to stop by pulling the choke, Temps were reading 215 by this time. I let it cool off checked the throttle and it was not stuck at all, I fired it back up and it ran fine. What the hell happened? Was this a uncontrollable hot spot combustion taking place? Has this happened to anyone else before? Scared the hell out of me. Like I said it was reving in wierd kinda sounding way,

I run 93 octane 32:1 supertechniplate, BR8ES plugs, Wiseco pro lites with stock head.

dieseling from the heat. had the same thing happen only i had no room for choke pulling. front end washed out when i hit the front brakes and the next thing i know i am standing up and flipping the bike back over. thank god i was in the sand.

dieseling from the heat. had the same thing happen only i had no room for choke pulling. front end washed out when i hit the front brakes and the next thing i know i am standing up and flipping the bike back over. thank god i was in the sand.

Thats the correct term that I could not remember, Yeah dieseling. Operating on the same principle of a diesel engine. I thought the engine was done for when I seen the temps continue to rapidly rise while it was doing it. Sorry to here about your experience. Yeah this I was not expecting and my heart skipped a few beats. But I acted quick. Is this common on banshees when they get warm?

Thats the correct term that I could not remember, Yeah dieseling. Operating on the same principle of a diesel engine. I thought the engine was done for when I seen the temps continue to rapidly rise while it was doing it. Sorry to here about your experience. Yeah this I was not expecting and my heart skipped a few beats. But I acted quick. Is this common on banshees when they get warm?

it happened to me at the dunes when i was running wot in 5th through about 100yards worth of whoops. idk if a slide stuck, got hot, or ran the bowls dry.

it happened to me at the dunes when i was running wot in 5th through about 100yards worth of whoops. idk if a slide stuck, got hot, or ran the bowls dry.

yea it ran away on ya....they get hot and run on comprsssion....choking is the way to stop it...good thinking...had it happen on a jet ski of mine in my driveway..yanked the spark plug boots and it still revved.....finally it just choked itself out i was waiting for it to blow....

yea it ran away on ya....they get hot and run on comprsssion....choking is the way to stop it...good thinking...had it happen on a jet ski of mine in my driveway..yanked the spark plug boots and it still revved.....finally it just choked itself out i was waiting for it to blow....

same thing happened to me in yard with jet ski.. pulled the boots and bitch kept running.. i was like wtf:confused:.. pulled the choke and it finally died..

What impresses me is how much power the dieseling effect had!!!! It was moving like I had half to 3/4 way open thorttle. And the brakes were not to effective. I thought the most dieseling could do is when I had a old 85 pontiac bonneville with a 4 barrel carb on it, Everytime I used to shut it off it would ping pang bong rattle for about 1 minute after I shut if off unless I shut if off with it in drive. But the way this thing did it reving like it wanted to own me boggles the hell out of me. And I am sure it was not a stuck slider, The kill switch tells it all. Now I'm going to be alot more jumpy when I turn comes around.

it can happen both on your banshee and your old Bonneville. air/vacuum leak. airleak will do that instantly when it's just a little hot. real high cyl temps were probably the culprit in this case, leading to pre-ignition, but i would definately check for airleaks or lean conditions. look for cracked intsake boots, loose clamps, spray carb cleaner around the intakes while it's idling and listen for it to change idle to see where a leak is. cracks can stay somewhat sealed enough untill the engine gets hot, but a leaking one will likely have premix creeping out. if you don't find one, do a plug chop to be safe.

it can happen both on your banshee and your old Bonneville. air/vacuum leak. airleak will do that instantly when it's just a little hot. real high cyl temps were probably the culprit in this case, leading to pre-ignition, but i would definately check for airleaks or lean conditions. look for cracked intsake boots, loose clamps, spray carb cleaner around the intakes while it's idling and listen for it to change idle to see where a leak is. cracks can stay somewhat sealed enough untill the engine gets hot, but a leaking one will likely have premix creeping out. if you don't find one, do a plug chop to be safe.

Checked it all out, Found nothing. Plugs have a nice soot mark. No cracks or leaks of anykind. Again impressive power to say the least. All the years I had a 2 stroke dirt bike I never had that happen. 2 cyclinders probably makes it prime for the dieseling effect. 2 stroke Jet skis are 2 cyclinders as well. The gas powered 4 stroke carts at my job are 2 cyclinder and somtimes fire in reverse for a few seconds when there shut off. Yeah the old bonneville I had I purposely advanced the timing for more power, Only draw back was the dieseling at shutoff.