The "Big Mac", king of all Reed spacers

jon321

yes. Put in a 3/8" spacer and move it to the side of the reed closest to the carb. You will see a small top end hp gain

make sure those vforce are a 1-peice flange/cage, not insetert. otherwise the spacer doesn't have enough meat to hold the cage in good.

ya know i dont think the reed spacers that are built work worth a shit anyways. i have seen them put inbetween the carb and the reed and i know that makes a huge mismatch inbetween them also if you space the reed OUT it puts the edals in the tighter section of the intake that is the reeds i dont think open up as wide and can smack the top and bottom of the cylinder's/.

i dont think enough care is taken to intake, reed matching and making sure they are matched up well. i take time on the cages, reed, intake area and make sure it all flows well with no bumps or flat spots to cause turbulence. doing that usually adds throttle response and definatelly makes more powa overall.. you want the slide as close to the piston as possible that will give you the best throttle response and reaction also feep the fuel/ air charge as short as a n amount of time needed to get to the top of the cylinder and that can help with atomization.

if your carbs are smacking the clutch arm you need new intakes most newer intakes are angled and shaped highenough to move the carb up and in the right position.. i am pretty sure the VITO's bullseye are right and the trinity's work right. those are the ones i like the best.

ya know i dont think the reed spacers that are built work worth a shit anyways. i have seen them put inbetween the carb and the reed and i know that makes a huge mismatch inbetween them

Yea I dont get why people put them there. It is like having the ports in a V8's intake larger than the ports in the cylinder head. Or having exhaust ports in the head larger than the header tubes. You dont want edges hanging out in the air stream. If you cant make them the same size it is better for flow to go from a small port to a larger port, not the other way around.

ya know i dont think the reed spacers that are built work worth a shit anyways. i have seen them put inbetween the carb and the reed and i know that makes a huge mismatch inbetween them also if you space the reed OUT it puts the edals in the tighter section of the intake that is the reeds i dont think open up as wide and can smack the top and bottom of the cylinder's/.

i dont think enough care is taken to intake, reed matching and making sure they are matched up well. i take time on the cages, reed, intake area and make sure it all flows well with no bumps or flat spots to cause turbulence. doing that usually adds throttle response and definatelly makes more powa overall.. you want the slide as close to the piston as possible that will give you the best throttle response and reaction also feep the fuel/ air charge as short as a n amount of time needed to get to the top of the cylinder and that can help with atomization.

if your carbs are smacking the clutch arm you need new intakes most newer intakes are angled and shaped highenough to move the carb up and in the right position.. i am pretty sure the VITO's bullseye are right and the trinity's work right. those are the ones i like the best.

i don't think the reed pedals will smack the intake. that's allot more distance than they ever open, plus, the tips move fast enough that it would instantly crack them on the cast surface, so you would know right away. as it is, stock, the pulse coming back from the piston intake and aux port have an angle that helps push the pedal closed faster, rather than just escape through the reed. when you space it back, the pulses angle more directly through the opening. intakes that space the carbs up usually aren't enough for 1/2 of the carbs, so they still need spacers. and, remember that it is a reciprocating system, and that fuel can fall out of the air without enough turbulance......