opinions on my set up

At least I'm a Jackass who still ownes a Banshee!! Unlike someone on here who keeps posting on "BansheeHQ" even though he sold his Banshee and is stuck rockin' the 4 stroke scene. :cry:

Listen, I get the geometry. I'm 40. I've been at this since Banshee's had gold wheels and J-arms. :lol: But I never liked the -1 set-ups. They were a big deal back in the day, when you didn't have 4mill motors and most bikes didn't have porting. It was Banshee vs.250R and the Honda had better handling. So the -1 and the custom A-arms made the Banshee feel like a 250R. (Honda was still lighter and better for MX) But I don't feel that -1 with tons more power is a good combo. Maybe in super tight trail riding you might think +4 or +6 is too long. But if the trails are that tight and slow enough that turning is everything....then I'd be looking at a 4 stroke for those ride conditions. (maybe even one with reverse) My next 4 stroke will be a KTM 450XC and I'll put a +4 on that bike too. Maybe it's just me. I'm 6'0" and I'm more comfortable on a longer bike. I ran a GNCC style Hair scrambler on my ported 370 long rod Banshee with +2+1 arms and a +4 swinger with a +2 axle and I had no troubles. I've got a rider running MX with a full 4 mill motor and he was either blowing the tires off or having to lift so it wouldn't flip. I put a +4 arm on his bike and he loved it...till he rode mine with a +6. Now we both run a +6. We both had no trouble running faster lap times than the raptor 700's and 1/2 the built 450's. (Sorry, I'm 40...I don't go for the triples anymore. B) When it comes to Woods/Trail/GNCC...(For the record)....We don't run in stuff tight enough to need hand guards.

The wife's bike is just for her to use on the dunes (she doesn't dirt ride)It has a +6 arm and +2+1 A-arms. (Dyno'd at 64HP with a Graydon 2 into one jetted fat and timed stock till she get's use to the power)

My dune bike is a Chromoly Metal Tech +4 front frame with +2+1 A-arms and a +10 arm. (Fully ported 472 cheetah last dyno'd at 95HP...we'll see in a week with the new pipes :clap: )

So for whatever it's worth.....I'm kind of familiar with the modded banshee chassis.

Whatever man. What? Im not allowed to post here because I don't have a banshee anymore? Made some good friends here and will probably never leave even after ii decide to stop riding one day. Still waiting to see those pics of that +6 shee clearing those jumps on that mx track. oh yea. Thanks for agreeing with me on the jackass part. You may be a idiot but at least you are honest.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever man. What? Im not allowed to post here because I don't have a banshee anymore? Made some good friends here and will probably never leave even after ii decide to stop riding one day. Still waiting to see those pics of that +6 shee clearing those jumps on that mx track. oh yea. Thanks for agreeing with me on the jackass part. You may be a idiot but at least you are honest.

I never said you can't post here. And where are YOUR pic's of you going big? Not the point...

You don't like my suggestion, so I'm an idiot? Highschools over...lighten up.

Well, since I'm an old idiot jackass....and I've never found myself needing to post pictures to prove something to somebody....I guess I'd have to figure out how to post some pics.

Of course, that won't really end the debate will it. One guy thinks -1 is the way to go and another says +4,+6....where is the common ground? 6"-1"= +5? 4"-1"= +3?

He was asking about his motor combo. I was just taking the next step and mentioning swingarm. Ultimately, he'll run what he has and take our comments to heart AFTER he let's the clutch out a few times.

No, I'll say stick with what you know. If you like the idea of shorter arms, Fine.

What I was saying is a recomendation...you don't agree, fine. Give him your suggestion. He can follow which ever he thinks sounds most reasonable.

I never said you can't post here. And where are YOUR pic's of you going big? Not the point...

You don't like my suggestion, so I'm an idiot? Highschools over...lighten up.

Well, since I'm an old idiot jackass....and I've never found myself needing to post pictures to prove something to somebody....I guess I'd have to figure out how to post some pics.

Of course, that won't really end the debate will it. One guy thinks -1 is the way to go and another says +4,+6....where is the common ground? 6"-1"= +5? 4"-1"= +3?

He was asking about his motor combo. I was just taking the next step and mentioning swingarm. Ultimately, he'll run what he has and take our comments to heart AFTER he let's the clutch out a few times.

No, I'll say stick with what you know. If you like the idea of shorter arms, Fine.

What I was saying is a recomendation...you don't agree, fine. Give him your suggestion. He can follow which ever he thinks sounds most reasonable.

where the fuck did you learn math? the means are +1.5 and +2.5"....

here, I'll help ya out with the "showing your work" this is why they made you show.......

[4+(-1)]/2=1.5

4+(-1)=4-1=3

3/2=1.5......

same thing with 6.....

[+6+(-1)]/2=2.5

so, the average ground stands to reason that it would be a +2 swinger....

(1.5+2.5)/2=4/2=2/1=2, lol

where the fuck did you learn math? the means are +1.5 and +2.5"....

here, I'll help ya out with the "showing your work" this is why they made you show.......

[4+(-1)]/2=1.5

4+(-1)=4-1=3

3/2=1.5......

same thing with 6.....

[+6+(-1)]/2=2.5

so, the average ground stands to reason that it would be a +2 swinger....

(1.5+2.5)/2=4/2=2/1=2, lol

:o:lol::jesterlaugh: Damn...you got me with that one. :rotflmao: Now that's a shot I can agree with. :notworthy:

Edited by WINDYCITYJOHN400

Gee...didn't realize that the banshee was just one small inch away from perfection. So I guess the deal is...you take a bike that was making @ 34 HP and bring it into the 60+HP club, and you all think the swingarm needs to then be -1 shorter. So you can "pick the front wheels up at will." Really? Cause I thought that was what the 60 HP was for. :shrugani: I use that little lever connected to the carbs...that throttle thingy. I find when I hit that like I mean to...the bike jumps up like I stuck a finger in it's exit hole. Maybe some of you should talk to your motor guys about a HP issue.

I guess I'll try thinking like you guys for a while....let's see.....

I guess a wider bike can't turn as tight as a narrow one. A shorter bike sure must feel alot better than a longer one cause you guys just won't stop raving about a -1.....So I guess I'll go back to a stock A-arm and axle to narrow up the bike. (I'm sure it'll fit through tighter trails that way....I've always wanted to ride the Mountain bike trails with a banshee) Then I'll get a -1 arm so I can turn a U turn on the deck of a snomobile trailer. (That'll make loading easy) And while I'm at it I'll see if I can get some taller shocks for more trail ground clearance.

Sound like I've joined the club? Now I'll have a narrow, tall, short bike with over 60+HP, and since it will turn the best ever....I guess I'll be faster than before.......except any time I'm not turning.

Maybe instead of doing a -1 arm on my machine, I'll just drop a 4 mill Banshee motor in my kids Raptor 80 and eat you for breakfast. After all...you can't get much narrower or shorter than that. Man think of the traction I'll have with all of that motor weight along with my weight on the rear tires. I'll look like I'm running a go-kart motor on a rollerskate....but I guess that's the hot look now huh? :notworthy:

OK, you win. -1 rules! :headbang:

Just saying what you said was pretty idiotic. Your making it sound like all real men ride stretched bieks (no disrespect to anyone who does its just not my scene). Id like to see you ride a -1 in all honesty. If your into mx, trails, tt or even just an all around play bike yes a - swingarm is nice. I dont even run a -1 I run -2 on my bike and im loving it and have no problems with it. Im sure your going to make some smart ass comment on the bike being improperly setup or not enough power to lift the front wheels. It was ported, pwk 28s with pods, 18cc domes, with dynoport big volumes or toomeys whichever I felt like running. All on personal prefrence im not worried about my front wheels lifting I enjoy pulls the wheels up but it does infact hook much better with bald 18s I could still pull up in damn near any gear. Yes in the dirt pavements no problem..

• 1 month later...

i have a +4 stroker with a -2 swing arm and i will never go longer, if you trail ride its better to have a smaller wheel base plus i have +2+1 a-arms so my a-arms r forward more, and most street racing banshee shortend their swing-arms to only dunners and drag racers really need a longer swing arm. grow some balls and let the front end fly, thats why we ride banshees. i can climb hills and hit the throttle wide open its fun flying up a hill with your tires in the air while passing other banshees and 450r.it all about throttle control. with a -2 arm it flies off jumps staight and easy to control in the air. and in trails you ever try to jump a down tree with a +2 or +4 , not that easy . with a -2 i can do it with out even trying.

i have a +4 stroker with a -2 swing arm and i will never go longer, if you trail ride its better to have a smaller wheel base plus i have +2+1 a-arms so my a-arms r forward more, and most street racing banshee shortend their swing-arms to only dunners and drag racers really need a longer swing arm. grow some balls and let the front end fly, thats why we ride banshees. i can climb hills and hit the throttle wide open its fun flying up a hill with your tires in the air while passing other banshees and 450r.it all about throttle control. with a -2 arm it flies off jumps staight and easy to control in the air. and in trails you ever try to jump a down tree with a +2 or +4 , not that easy . with a -2 i can do it with out even trying.

i'm running a stocker in the woods, and just about destroyed it. it barely makes the hillclimbs that you need real balls to attempt with it being too short. it will be either +2, +3, or mabey +4 with the 4mill. i like to make it to the top with the nose in front of me...