degree key

If you want to advance the timing get a timing plate for lick 50$, if you get the key and its not properly installed it can sheer off and break. Check up on the mods section its been discussed many times and there's detailed instructions on installation.

If you want to advance the timing get a timing plate for lick 50$, if you get the key and its not properly installed it can sheer off and break. Check up on the mods section its been discussed many times and there's detailed instructions on installation.

ok so maybe i wont do it then u think the plate would be better? is the plate easy to install?

ok so maybe i wont do it then u think the plate would be better? is the plate easy to install?

The key is fine with 2 drawbacks. It HAS to be installed properly or it can shear and spin your flywheel free. The damage can range from nothing but a sheared key to a damaged pick up, stator and possibly damage the taper on the crank. The second is that it isn't adjustable. You are at plus 4 degrees all the time. With the plate you are adjustable to your likes or your motors needs. Cast plates are cheap, ebay for $35. Billet ones used to run about $100 but really, how needs a billet timing plate? Nobody sees it unless the cover and flywheel are off. Or you can modify the stock plate and get almost 4 degrees advanced out of it. 1mm of rotational movement is equal to 1 degree of timing.

SP

There cheap all day on ebay. http://cgi.ebay.ca/Banshee-Adjustable-Timing-Plate-/250678447365?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a5d998d05#ht_500wt_1154

Ive used the cast one for a bunch of years now and never had a problem. It does its simple job.

Very simple install, just you will need the flywheel puller and some blue lock tight for the 3 bolts that hold the plate on as well as the flywheel nut.

Probably 50+ threads on it here

Puller is cheap to buy also.

The key is fine with 2 drawbacks. It HAS to be installed properly or it can shear and spin your flywheel free. The damage can range from nothing but a sheared key to a damaged pick up, stator and possibly damage the taper on the crank. The second is that it isn't adjustable. You are at plus 4 degrees all the time. With the plate you are adjustable to your likes or your motors needs. Cast plates are cheap, ebay for $35. Billet ones used to run about $100 but really, how needs a billet timing plate? Nobody sees it unless the cover and flywheel are off. Or you can modify the stock plate and get almost 4 degrees advanced out of it. 1mm of rotational movement is equal to 1 degree of timing.

SP

ok cool so with the plate how would i know what to set it at ?is +4 the best or just the most common?

Here is a new style. The stator plate stays stationary and the pickup or triger coil moves on the stator plate.

I would think if you wanted to advance the Ignition 4 deg you would also want to advance the stators's coil's 4 deg.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BANSHEE-BILLET-ADJUSTABLE-TIMING-STATOR-PLATE-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQitemZ320563885878QQptZMotorsQ5fATVQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Here is a new style. The stator plate stays stationary and the pickup or triger coil moves on the stator plate.

I would think if you wanted to advance the Ignition 4 deg you would also want to advance the stators's coil's 4 deg.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BANSHEE-BILLET-ADJUSTABLE-TIMING-STATOR-PLATE-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQitemZ320563885878QQptZMotorsQ5fATVQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

oh nice that looks sweet think id go with that

oh nice that looks sweet think id go with that

That one looks pretty slick. The bolts that hold the plate on are a bitch to get at with the flywheel mounted. If they are a hex head it can be done, but if they are a socket head, forget it. This one you just move the pick up which is easy to get to without pulling the flywheel.

SP

Trinity has had this type of plate for YEARS...it works fine.

If you want a billet plate but don't want to pay the premium price for it, hit up our site sponsor Chariot.

I have his plate and it is a nice, solid piece.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Banshee-6061-Billet-Adjustable-Stator-Timing-Plate-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQitemZ230478953507QQptZMotorsQ5fATVQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

There cheap all day on ebay. http://cgi.ebay.ca/Banshee-Adjustable-Timing-Plate-/250678447365?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a5d998d05#ht_500wt_1154

Ive used the cast one for a bunch of years now and never had a problem. It does its simple job.

Very simple install, just you will need the flywheel puller and some blue lock tight for the 3 bolts that hold the plate on as well as the flywheel nut.

Probably 50+ threads on it here

Puller is cheap to buy also.

hey so do i have to change the pump gas i use ? if i set it to +4 like i dont have to use race gas or anything do i??

Yea it looks pretty slick. I just didnt know about advancing the pickup coil while leaving the ignition coils behind the flywheel at the standard 0 deg.

Coils behind the flywheel (stator) are there to produce 12 volte. The trigger pickup the the only one that matters. That plate does looke pretty cool, Think I'll ditch my key.

Coils behind the flywheel (stator) are there to produce 12 volte. The trigger pickup the the only one that matters. That plate does looke pretty cool, Think I'll ditch my key.

hey so would i have to change from 93 octane to higher if if install a +4 timing plate?