Performance CDI box? anyone tried this?

you should be careful with those ebay cdi's because you dont know the actual timing curve built into the CDI box usually it has more of an total advance than the stock cdi. The stock cdi already has an advance built in it just not as aggressive as the performance ones. You will get a lot better noticeable gains with a adjustable stator plate to change your timing and they are alot cheaper than the cdi. If your cdi isnt bad then it isnt worth the $125 to gain what little power the aftermarket cdi would provide if the timing curve is right for your motor. If the box you pick has to much advance for your mods then you could risk damage to your motor From my experience with the timing on my banshee the hot cdi boxes have too much of a steep curve in them to run any advance in the stator plate and kills the bottom end like that. If you have raised your compression any at all some of those ebay cdis will be to much for it. If your bike is close to stock like pipes and air filter then it should be fine just little improvement for the money. This is also just my opinion.

Dillon

Edited by stockbeast

Aftermarket cdi boxes are hoaxes. The only aftermarket one to get is a dyna digital one if you must have one. Then it is only worth it if you take the time to program it with custom curves.

X2, with the exception of the Dyna most aftermarket CDI boxes are not as reliable as a stock replacement. And I said MOST.