SUNOCO RACE GAS

trickedcarbine

I will never use Sunoco again, I ran VP C12 forever, let my local shop convince me to use sunoco from them (sponsorship stuff)after the race the bike sat for 2 weeks, maby 3, When i went to start it up for the next race it wouldnt start. Come to find out the whole bowl of both carbs, was completely full of a jell type stuff. Something reacted very badly with that fuel. But i never had a problem with any other type of fuel.

I will never use Sunoco again, I ran VP C12 forever, let my local shop convince me to use sunoco from them (sponsorship stuff)after the race the bike sat for 2 weeks, maby 3, When i went to start it up for the next race it wouldnt start. Come to find out the whole bowl of both carbs, was completely full of a jell type stuff. Something reacted very badly with that fuel. But i never had a problem with any other type of fuel.

yup its been a while since it happen to me but reading your post reminded me exactly what happen........when i was putting the gas in with a screened funnel the funnel glogged up as if something solid stopped the flow then it slowly drained in after i could see a thick clear liquid on screen so i wiped it with my finger and could not believe it had no smell seemed to be water that jelled up and almost completely stopped the flow when pouring the gas from can thru funnel into bikes tank. I never bought racegas from that speed shop again but i have used sunoco racegas from other vendors without any problems so my advice would be to always use a funnel with a screen

yup its been a while since it happen to me but reading your post reminded me exactly what happen........when i was putting the gas in with a screened funnel the funnel glogged up as if something solid stopped the flow then it slowly drained in after i could see a thick clear liquid on screen so i wiped it with my finger and could not believe it had no smell seemed to be water that jelled up and almost completely stopped the flow when pouring the gas from can thru funnel into bikes tank. I never bought racegas from that speed shop again but i have used sunoco racegas from other vendors without any problems so my advice would be to always use a funnel with a screen

Ya mine was a bit different, Yellowish, Greenish Jello type substance Full in both bowls, In the banshee and one in a Tecate 3wheeler. This was sitting several weeks.

• 1 month later...

I've been running Sunoco 110 in my Banshee and haven't had any issues. I get it 5-10 gal at a time from a local dealer who supplies a lot of the local dirt tracks, drag strips, & basically local guys like myself. He just syphens it from the drum & I screen it when I get home. It's kept in a 5 gal regular gas jug in my garage which is usually relatively cool & 0 sun exposure. I usually only mix enough for the ride I'm doing at the time. Sometimes a gallon, sometimes a tank full because it's likely to sit for a while. I haven't noticed any issues with it yet.

Edited by MILO

• 1 year later...