topend rebuild. what piston?

well i figured since ive been riding my banshee around for a while on 90lbs of compression i oughta rebuild it. now my question is i can get a complete namura topend for $140 thats gaskets and all. but is it worth it? or should i stay true to wiseco i plan on boring it .20 over im not sure how much more power that will give it so imput on that appreciated too. but i couldnt imagine much of a gain. thanks

your gonna want to use the wiesco......the namura pistons are cast pistons. The wiesco's are forged....so they're stronger and will last longer. Look up the site sponsors like alf or FAST or Vitos...they'll be able to get you a really good price on the piston kits. Your not gonna notice a power gain with the boring....but you will notice a boost from the 90 psi your running currently

I just got the vitos super stock kit for like 170 shipped. They claim 8 hp gains but we will see when its done. I would take it apart and get it measured before you order your kit. Mine had ring hang and took a chunk out of my piston so i had to go .040 over. I didnt know until it was measured how much it needed bored. just a suggestion to save you some hassle.

and in all truth a good machinest will actually measure your cylinders and tell you what size your going to need. then when you order them you can take them into him and he will actually re-check the pistons that were bought and then bore the cylinders to the pistons that you bought.

Do yourself a favor and give Jeff @ FAST a call he sells weisco which imo are about the best out there he has good prices and most of all hes a site sponser. He is also one of the best builders around IMHO give him a shout he'll hook you up.

I would be interested in any feed back on Vitos pistons. I learned about them after I did my top end and wondering if they get the gains they talk about. If they do then that would be a great way to go.

The vito's pistons have part of the piston head milled away on the exhaust port side. This allows the exhaust port to open up sooner. It some what mimmicks a port job. Your best bet is porting, and running standard wiseco's.