cylinder boring

i'm about to take my cylinders to a machine shop to get them bored out, their on a standard bore right now, and i want to get the vito's 65mm kit since its on sale, what is the correct bore for the 65mm piston kit, because if i tell them to bore it to 65 wont there not be any room for the pistons to move in the cylinders?

any help is appreciated thanks

Youre machinist will need the actual piston going in the bore to match the bore size to, if he's willing to bore without it go somewhere else. Also make sure they know the ports need to be chamfered. The last thing you want is someone who doesn't know what they are doing messing around in your cylinders.

If you are on your stock bore now, do yourself and your jugs a favor and only go up one oversize not a full mm. You will have just taken half the lifespan off those jugs boring them from 64 to 65 if it isn't absolutely necisary to bore that far. You will end up saving money in the long run even if the pistons are on sale now. A new set of jugs on a low bore aren't cheap.

i'm about to take my cylinders to a machine shop to get them bored out, their on a standard bore right now, and i want to get the vito's 65mm kit since its on sale, what is the correct bore for the 65mm piston kit, because if i tell them to bore it to 65 wont there not be any room for the pistons to move in the cylinders?

any help is appreciated thanks

You dont bore the cylinders until you have determined what size pistons you need, and you have them in your hands. That way they can measure the piston then figure in the clearance. You dont bore the cylinders blind with out having pistons in your hands, or at least a reputalbe machine shop wont.

Overboring the cylinders to save a few bucks is not a good idea. You can get wiseco pistons from jeff at fast for 82 bucks each in any standard sizes.

http://www.farmandsandtoys.com/partdetail.asp?partid=77

there any reps from passion on here to contact? their topend package looks to be the best deal, unless another rep from the site wants to contact me, i'm going to steer away from going to the machine shop and have someone who knows what their doing work on it, so if anyone can point me in the right direction that'd be greatly appreciated

there any reps from passion on here to contact? their topend package looks to be the best deal, unless another rep from the site wants to contact me, i'm going to steer away from going to the machine shop and have someone who knows what their doing work on it, so if anyone can point me in the right direction that'd be greatly appreciated

look at post #2 wildcard answered your question and is a site sponsor that can do the work for you and does great work!

Yep WildCard does awesome work and I belive has a quick turn around. If you got an extra couple hundred bucks you should port the cylinders while you doing a top end. That will really wake your banshee up. It will be a totaly differen animal. It is just as big if not bigger differnce going from stock pipes to aftermarket.

Those vito's pistons you were looking at try to mimmic a port job. The crown of the piston is notched out so the exhaust port opens sooner. That is why they advertise gaining hp by switching to there pistons. The right way to do it is with a port job. That way all the ports can be moddified not just the exhaust.

Porting a 2 stroke is like putting a performance cam in a 4 stroke. They change the port hights. make them open up sooner.

josh

ill send wildcard a email and see what they can do for me

If you cylinders arent scarred, you can even go only .010" over, or 64.25mm Going in small increment allows for 10 rebuilds, versus 5. BUt a good machinist can tell you what you need and by handing him cylinders and pistons will know what to do.

Piston prices have changed a litle since I updated the website, but the bore, hone and chamfer is still $55.00 per pair...our everyday price...Jim