lock up clutch

hey guy's just looking for some reviews on lock up clutches are they worthe the money? and can you notice a difference vs. HD clutch springs. i'm debating on doing this. but it's alot of dough with the cover and all. i ride only dunes. give some opinions

hey guy's just looking for some reviews on lock up clutches are they worthe the money? and can you notice a difference vs. HD clutch springs. i'm debating on doing this. but it's alot of dough with the cover and all. i ride only dunes. give some opinions

save about $100 and go with a slingshot lock up...they fit right under your stock case and nobody knows your running one ;)

save about $100 and go with a slingshot lock up...they fit right under your stock case and nobody knows your running one ;)

depends what kinda motor your running...dragging..or just dune riding. i wouldnt bother if your under 90+hp . or just dune ride.

I love my direct drive. I run 3 and 3 on the springs. Going to add another stock one to fine tune it. Unbreakable new cast cover and there warrantied forever! I happen to have them on sale to. lol. PM me for pricing.

haha, i always heard not to run one under 80-100hp from allot of different people....all running that much power or going off what other said. "it's a waste. hd springs are all you need" well that's total bullshit! i'm only around 60hp, and absolutely love it. sure, i can popey it with all hd, etc....anywhere in between, but it hooks soo much better, and i can controll my slip, both initial takeoff, and mid-holeshots, with both spring settings, and full lockup via the weighting. i think i'm gonna go back down to 2hd springs, from 3, and weight higher for sooner lockup. it does great in the woods, and i can slip the clutch on a hillclimb and lay into it without popin up so bad. yah, you probably wouldn't bennifit with a real mild build, but some porting, pipes, reeeds, timing, compression, carbs...well you get the pic, and you can definately put one to good use. there is some diy kits for conventional lockups, and the slingshot is definately a good option. you can fine tune a slingshot by adding/removing weights, but i don't know if you can overpower it as easy as a conventional when you're reved out, but i don't see the need to clutch then anyways, lol.