Michigan to Little Sahara

I live 2 hrs from little sahara and we go down quite often. THere are actually two drag strips, one where the stockers go and one where the big boys go and they are pretty close to each other actually. And then they actually have christmas tree lit drag strip and its called "sand rat drag strip". Its no glamis or dumont, but its a good time for sure. I'd imagine you all are staying in the state campground and dont get too outta hand cuz the park rangers are fucking pricks and if you have ur wives or girlfriends with you, they will stop every 5 minutes and smooth talk the ladies. A girl that rides wit us was at our camp last time we were down and we were out riding and they came by every 5 minutes hitting on her and wouldnt f'n leave.

Do they have the lights going all the time or just big weekends? So do you guys have alot of drag bikes that go in there? I would like to come down but want it to be worth it.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do they have the lights going all the time or just big weekends? So do you guys have alot of drag bikes that go in there? I would like to come down but want it to be worth it.

there is going to be alot of drag bikes.. Its the fall HQ ride.. Alot of builders are going to be there as well for the "battle of the builders" races.

Should be alot of dune bikes too.

FO421;

Worst case I'll hook up in Indy and follow you guys, as I'm going no matter what. Maybe if someone drops out in the meantime I can hook up..

I'll just have probably the only 4mil bike out there, so I wont be running with the big boys...

Unfortunately, it looks like I am out. I looked at my vacation days left and have nowhere near enough time left for this trip. banghead

Thank you for offering a ride Shayne, i reeeeaaaallllllyyyyy wish I could go. Have to catch you all next year. And make sure you Michigan boys represent!!!!!!!

FO421;

Worst case I'll hook up in Indy and follow you guys, as I'm going no matter what. Maybe if someone drops out in the meantime I can hook up..

I'll just have probably the only 4mil bike out there, so I wont be running with the big boys...

Nope.. We might have a stoke stroke cheetah and a 4mil cub going too! so yours isn't the smallest.. LOL

Someone had better quote that one!! lmao

Nope.. We might have a stoke stroke cheetah and a 4mil cub going too! so yours isn't the smallest.. LOL

Someone had better quote that one!! lmao

If anyone drops out, let me know....I'll take a spot if its open.

I'm excited u guys are comin. There will be dozens of dragbikes and at times the little cubs are 95% of the bikes racin and racin at the dunes isn't a track. I've seen more than a few DMs get sent packin by little cubs out there and there's a few DMs and other bikes that whip everything else it seems.I usually ride and play all night too. Here's vids of a 4 mil cub with bigfoot ridin it. There's good spots to race.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?gl=CA&warned=True&client=mv-google&hl=en&v=2Kg56hMn0HI

http://m.youtube.com/watch?gl=CA&warned=True&xl_blz_on=xl_blz_on&client=mv-google&hl=en&rl=yes&v=IVrFh2WtiaE

Edited by RadarRacing

I believe the christmas tree is only going on big weekends (sandfest, snakehunt, sandjam etc). But if I were u all, I would not stay in the state park side. I would Little Sahara sandsports and reserve a spot in their camp. I like "Sand City", its up on top of the hill and usually a good party spot

I'm excited u guys are comin. There will be dozens of dragbikes and at times the little cubs are 95% of the bikes racin and racin at the dunes isn't a track. I've seen more than a few DMs get sent packin by little cubs out there and there's a few DMs and other bikes that whip everything else it seems.I usually ride and play all night too. Here's vids of a 4 mil cub with bigfoot ridin it. There's good spots to race.

http://m.youtube.com...n&v=2Kg56hMn0HI

http://m.youtube.com...s&v=IVrFh2WtiaE

I agree, In the dunes.. my motor dont look as big.. lol It takes alot more to handle these big bikes in the dunes. I'm still a lil gun shy right now since i'm not used to the chassis and motor combo yet. I wish I had my freak 4mil back. I regret sellin that motor everday.

hey guys im the tow rig jt was talkin about, my buddy has a 36ft motorhome with a 400hp cummins pusher i can get. he pulls a 32ft trailer with it all the time. pullin a trailer it still gets 14 mpgs! if we could get a good trailer i could take 6-8 guys in that.

hope we can make this happen ive never rode outside michigan.

hey shayne my bike just messed up the dogs and bent a fork.. i need a second fork, think you can get one? or i can get a set on fleabay.

im going to set the gear up in a mill and redo it.