trinity 2into1 X2

ok so ive had enough time lately to ponder this I have 2 trinity 2into1 intakes laying around and extra carbs and parts. lots of people like the low end of the 2into1 but not so much the top so just curious if any one has done this? take 2 billet intakes take the carb boots off put carb side to carb side and bolt up standard boots to the back just a thought

It sounds plausible to me. I would try it too if I had the parts lying around. The only downsides that I can foresee would be sticky throttle due to so many throttle cables, carb sync issues, fitting betwen the exhausts, unexpected turbulence in the intake boots. I bet with a lowrange pipe it would have good bottom end if tuned just right. Do it. Do it.

just so we are clear im not talking about running 4 carbs or anything like that. just plain and simple make an X with the 2into1's one side on the cylinders and one side with carb boots

ya I have no idea how it would turn out I kinda got the idea from the old graydon 2into1's everyone that has had one claims the long intake runners make some good power so with this X design it would be like running two carbs on one cylinder at a time I kinda think the bottom end wont be there but ya never know

it's not gonna work. not because of the length or anything like that, but because the trinity design sucks, basically. the short ass runners have real sharp anglesto congest and hinder topend, and that's all behind the carb/boot. so, it's not gonna matter if it's 1 carb, huge, or tiny, or 6 carbs of any size, the intake is not gonna flow without boost. i actually did think about the same exact thing the first time i saw one.....now thinking back a little more- it may be wide open just enough, and probably with some porting, you could possibly stand to gain a little topend. so, i may be wrong.........i still see the sharp angles to contend with. go ahead and give her a try- if there is enough relief of congestion, even stock carbs will flow more cfm, equivelant to 30's or a little bigger. not gonna be aout any money by doing it. :cheers: let us know how it goes

hmm this gets me thinking has ANYONE ever dyno'd a set up like that against just good ole stock carbs? the 2-1's just make carb synch a thing of the past probably why the throttle response is so good BUT i'd think of it like comparing a 4 barrel carb to a 2 barrel carb on a 350 you it will run but just not quite the same huh..

and putting the 2 intakes together? wow talk about the ultimate BOOST bottle!

in all reality you want to carb's slide as close to the cylinder as possible. thats why you dont really want any extra bullshit in the intake track besides reed's. no spacers, no etra boost bottle or spacer at all. i also try to match the intakes to the reeds as best as you can. even reed stuffer's if possible..

• 2 weeks later...

in my mind it seems alil out there but you look at tunnel rams and old school turbo setups I dont think there will be any bottom end to it since I will try it with 34pjs but hell ya never know if it fuckin bad ass I claim patent on it lol