aftermarket carbs and needles

i was wondering if you could run aftermarket carbs and aftermarket needles? i know that the needles make a noticeable difference in stock carbs when you buy a pipe kit compared to pipe and stock needlel. idk if you could run something like a toomey or alba needles in bigger carbs or if they only run with the needles they come with?

I´m not an expert here and I realy didn´t get what you were asking (hard to translate-lol) but...

Stock needles in stock carbs usually works ok. When you make some mod´s to your engine it needs more fuel in different ranges.

When you find hard to get your jetting right the problem can be your needles.

You can change a needle in an aftermarket or a stock carb if you like as long as the needle is ment to be in that carb.

Only thing you have to know is what is your current needle and what part of the needle is not good for your air/fuel ratio.

So yes! you can put an aftermarket needle to your aftermarket carb if you like. Carb´s can´t read so they will not know if it´s a Toomey or Alba needle.

Ignore all of this if it doesn´t make any sense! Just trying to help.

-Pasi S.

i was wondering if you could run aftermarket carbs and aftermarket needles? i know that the needles make a noticeable difference in stock carbs when you buy a pipe kit compared to pipe and stock needlel. idk if you could run something like a toomey or alba needles in bigger carbs or if they only run with the needles they come with?

There is no aftermaket needles for aftermarket carbs. Keihin has alread made all the needles for the PWK's or PJ carbs.

There is 133 different needles for the PJ and PWK carbs (they use the same needles). I guess that is all the "Aftermarket Needles" you could ever want. Now it is up to you to find wich one works best.

Go to Page 69 (or 47 of 62) that is the chart for the Keihin needles. Most guys run CEL's in PWK carbs.

http://www.sudco.com/Carburetor/SudcoKeihinCatalog.pdf

I´m not an expert here and I realy didn´t get what you were asking (hard to translate-lol) but...

Stock needles in stock carbs usually works ok. When you make some mod´s to your engine it needs more fuel in different ranges.

When you find hard to get your jetting right the problem can be your needles.

You can change a needle in an aftermarket or a stock carb if you like as long as the needle is ment to be in that carb.

Only thing you have to know is what is your current needle and what part of the needle is not good for your air/fuel ratio.

So yes! you can put an aftermarket needle to your aftermarket carb if you like. Carb´s can´t read so they will not know if it´s a Toomey or Alba needle.

Ignore all of this if it doesn´t make any sense! Just trying to help.

-Pasi S.

i am meaning for example, could you run toomey or alba neeles in carbs other than stock