after market yfz suspension on shee?

gofast5

I know some people realy like stock yfz suspension but what about after market yfz suspension? I have +2 a arms and realy would like some better suspension and theres more then enough after market shocks on the market.

Well, stock YFZ arms on a shee are +2 each side. So +2 YFZ arms, would be like +4 each side. +8 total... It'd be wide as hell...

Well, stock YFZ arms on a shee are +2 each side. So +2 YFZ arms, would be like +4 each side. +8 total... It'd be wide as hell...

i might be wrong but i think he means he wants to use aftermarket yfz shocks on +2 banshee a-arms. which is actually something i've wondered about myself.

i might be wrong but i think he means he wants to use aftermarket yfz shocks on +2 banshee a-arms. which is actually something i've wondered about myself.

Oh, that makes sense... duh... :confused:

Are the +2 arms you have designed for stock length shocks? or longer shocks? If they are designed for stock length, aftermarket YFZ shocks designed for STOCK LENGTH yfz arms, would probably WORK, but not be optimal, as stock length on YFZ shocks is 16.25". Stock length on banshee shocks is 14.75.

I might be missing something here but if you are buying aftermarket what do you have to gain by going with aftermarket yfz over aftermarket banshee? Just curious.

it's a lot easier to buy used aftermarket suspension like fox, elka and axis (as well as others) for a yfz then it is a banshee. there is no benefit as far as how the shock works, its just easier to find them for pretty cheap.

Yes more or less there is lottttts of after market shocks for a yfz for the picking. I was just curious to see if anyone has done this. Im not sure if my +2s will take the extra bit of travel or not it has works dual rates but theyre beat and probably need rebuilt ect they were on the bike when I got it. I see elka piggy backs for 500 for yfzs all day long. Id reallly be interested in modding a yfz back shock for a banshee imagine having a banshee with a custom axis shock for 400 bucks and some time :notworthy:

Save up your money a bit more and buy Elkas made for the banshee. If your patient you can find them used for a decent price. I searched Craigslist for a few months before I found my set. I picked up a set of Stage 3 piggy back Elkas that were dam near new for $600 bucks. I sold the yfz shocks I had on my bike for $250, so in the end I picked up a sweet ass pair of Elkas for $350!

Save up your money a bit more and buy Elkas made for the banshee. If your patient you can find them used for a decent price. I searched Craigslist for a few months before I found my set. I picked up a set of Stage 3 piggy back Elkas that were dam near new for $600 bucks. I sold the yfz shocks I had on my bike for $250, so in the end I picked up a sweet ass pair of Elkas for $350!

lol, your logic is weird. how much did you buy the yfz shocks to begin with? if you paid 250 for the yfz shocks and ended up selling them for the same amount then you still paid 600 for the elkas. we know you CAN find used banshee shocks, it just takes forever. especially if you are trying to find used axis, fox, pep etc.... i've been lookin for front axis shocks for a year and have only came across 2 sets that have been for sale. unfortunately i wasnt able to snag either set. :shootself:

Im one for parts made for the bike. But I can say that i had Burgard make my arms so they are made for the extra length of the 450 shocks. The only thing I can say is I need to revalve my shocks later on down the road and make them into dual rate springs set up. The bike handles like it is on rails in the dunes. But like said above. Just save your money and get some shocks made for the bike. Find some that are used and get them rebuilt and maybe a valving for the riding style your doing. Matt is the man on here for suspension. He has helped me alot in my journey and many others. He can make you a set of 450 shocks for after market banshee arms. And valve and rebuild any shocking needs out there!

But if money is really really tight. You can find take of shocks for cheap. The reason why I really like the yfz shocks are because they offer compression and rebound already. the basic works and elka's dont and you will pay to have those adj. So for a $200 bills I got a set up I can tune in for the riding im doing. But you need to watch out for shocks with alot of wear on them. I use to have my shocks rebuilt every 2-3 years of riding. Now that I have learned how to rebuild shocks. EI change the oil and wear parts. I will be doing it every year. But I know Matt can tell you the major signs of wear.

The yfz shocks and the full front end of the yfz has been talked about many many many of times. There are people that like the ride of the yfz arms on the banshee; which I didnt and didnt think it was safe.

Yes more or less there is lottttts of after market shocks for a yfz for the picking. I was just curious to see if anyone has done this. Im not sure if my +2s will take the extra bit of travel or not it has works dual rates but theyre beat and probably need rebuilt ect they were on the bike when I got it. I see elka piggy backs for 500 for yfzs all day long. Id reallly be interested in modding a yfz back shock for a banshee imagine having a banshee with a custom axis shock for 400 bucks and some time :notworthy:

PM MattSCESC... he will make them works shocks good as new....

before...

th_89b02fef.jpg

after...

th_a3e371ee.jpg

and rides nice... u own them and i bet can get fixed thru him cheaper than buyin newer set...

DiSkOe*1

I was assuming you were looking for new stuff. It seem weird that you can find more for a quad thats been made for 6 years then one that was made for 20. I havent really looked at used suspension prices I am happy with what I have. I think i would just have yours rebuilt. It seems to be the common opinion that works is a great alternative on a budget. Plus you know they, you will most likely save money overall and you can get them set up for your weight and riding style. Just my opinion.

Edited by prssantana

I know that probably didn't make sense. The yfz shocks I had were given to me = freebies. Also, the yfz shocks tore the shit out of my dust boots on my ball joints. The yfz shocks are too long and put a ton of stress on the ball joints. So bottom line, the yfz shocks are ok if you can pick them up cheap and don't mind replacing ball joints. Other wise take your time and search for some good used shocks made for the bike.

I know that probably didn't make sense. The yfz shocks I had were given to me = freebies. Also, the yfz shocks tore the shit out of my dust boots on my ball joints. The yfz shocks are too long and put a ton of stress on the ball joints. So bottom line, the yfz shocks are ok if you can pick them up cheap and don't mind replacing ball joints. Other wise take your time and search for some good used shocks made for the bike.

yeah, that makes a little more sense. haha

so did it make the bike sit higher then? would LT arms (for a banshee) compensate for that or would they be too much and overcompensate?

Actually I think the Laeger LT arms call for 16 1/4 shocks. Send them an email to be sure though. I'm pretty sure there was a company offering banshee arms made for the stock yfz shocks. Someone will know and chime in. Check with Fireball racing, they are a site sponsor, maybe they offer them?