Headlight question

just wondering, im in the process of buyying used stock headlights, i was wondering how good they are for trail riding at night, and what type of connectors were used on the early style, i have a 93 banshee, thanks in advance. :headbang:

i have a 93 banshee as well. and i think all the years are the same and use the bullet style connectors for teh lights, if not just snip the ends and use some electrical connectors and make them work. as for night riding i use tusk super white bulbs and i love them super bright in the dunes. there not like hids but i think you will like them.

87 and 88 supposedly have some kind of connectors but I have never seen them. My 89 that I bought brand new uses the bullet connectors with the clear tubing over them. I also know that 96 on uses a three wire connector and possibly that is what your 93 uses also. I also don't know what year the change was made but early light have a true glass lens and a plastic grille that can be removed. The later bikes have a plastic lens and the grille is part of it and has to be cut off. The plastic lenses also get scratched up and reduce light output, but as I said, I don't know the year the switch was made. The hot setup would be to use whatever year housings are the color you want, early style glass lenses, a set of 93 wiring pigtails to match your bike,remove the plastic grilles as they reduce light output, and then install theTusk light bulbs at $10 a side. PIAA also makes some bulbs that put out ALOT of light, but they are expensive. One other thing you could do is cut the plugs off of the bike and lights and use some GM MetriPack connectors that you can get at a good auto parts store, then you won't have to worry about matching plugs.

im getting a set of 94 lights which im pretty sure have the glass lenses. i ride with a lot of people some have bikes that throw fist sized rocks, so i dont know if id want to take the grills off of them. so i can just got any style connectors and make them work?

im getting a set of 94 lights which im pretty sure have the glass lenses. i ride with a lot of people some have bikes that throw fist sized rocks, so i dont know if id want to take the grills off of them. so i can just got any style connectors and make them work?

As long as you change both the bike and light sides of the connectors you can make it work, but I would use a connector that has 3 terminals in it and is dust,water, and oil-tight so you don't have problems with corrosion down the road. That is why I recomended the GM MetriPack connectors, you could also use Deutsch connectors. I would not just use the cheap bullet connectors, at least buy the good weatherproof bullet connectors that have the solder and water tight heat shrink on them.