Tusk cylinder hone?

I saw them use it on YouTube and looks like it did a quick easy job for a rering. Gonna put new rings in and the cylinders got a little surface rust also so would this be o.k. to use to get them cleaned up and get a nice crosshatch for the new rings?

no get you bores meassured why are they rusty to start with hone is only to get the crosshatch in clean cylinders its not a cleanning tool

Yah that sucks, don't have any machinist tools, have every tool except I think. If I had extra cash i'd buy some. Looked at the cylinders today and the surface rust comes off but kinda stained the cylinder. You can't feel it but it looks stained. Will this hurt anything? Guess I need to have them measured. How much ya think machine shop would charge me to see if there within spec?

Yah that sucks, don't have any machinist tools, have every tool except I think. If I had extra cash i'd buy some. Looked at the cylinders today and the surface rust comes off but kinda stained the cylinder. You can't feel it but it looks stained. Will this hurt anything? Guess I need to have them measured. How much ya think machine shop would charge me to see if there within spec?

if you are stil on the stock 64mm bore and there are no marks in cylinders and the surface is smooth just give it a light hone and stick the piston in

my bike is 06 black se did the top end 2 months ago first rebuild on this motor because all cylinders are nikasil coated on stock 64mm bore all i needed to do was hone it and install the piston and rings