RDZ Head Problems

Getting my 421 put together. Went to do a compression test on it and I only had around 75psi. Went to check the squish and I coudn't. Trying to figure out what the heck is going on. Everything looked like it was sealed up good. Its a 4mm crank, 68mm pistons, Cub cylinders.Its a RDZ head, do I need a RDZ domes or just domes cut for the setup.

Getting my 421 put together. Went to do a compression test on it and I only had around 75psi. Went to check the squish and I coudn't. Trying to figure out what the heck is going on. Everything looked like it was sealed up good. Its a 4mm crank, 68mm pistons, Cub cylinders.Its a RDZ head, do I need a RDZ domes or just domes cut for the setup.

what size of domes did you order

theres lil to no way you dont have any squish did you back the piston down and put the solder into the hole then press down the on the kicker.

to have absolutely no squish means the pistons are hitting the domes which is death to a motor.

what size of domes did you order

theres lil to no way you dont have any squish did you back the piston down and put the solder into the hole then press down the on the kicker.

to have absolutely no squish means the pistons are hitting the domes which is death to a motor.

I think he means the sqish is so large it didnt even smash the solder.

Put it back together to do another compression check and squish check. Took the carbs off, compression was around 100psi but I still could'nt get a squish reading.

The pistons that I am using are wiseco 573M06800. They are blaster pistons. Just to make shure, these are the right pistons for a 4mm longrod crank with cub cylinders.

What thickness base gasket do you have? It shouls be about.012 to .022 not a real thick one. There are .040, .060 ones too. If all the crown of the piston sticks out of the cyl then you have the wrong dome.

Yes the base of the piston crown is at the top of the bore and the top of the crown sticks out a little.

Well, i guess I just read over that :shootself: t....in that case, the domes are waaaaayyyyyyyy off then and the crank/rod is probably correct. You may have domes cut for the extra stroke, but you have a near zero deckheight.