K&N filter ?

might be a dumb question but..... how do u know when ur K&N filter is shot? I bought it with the k&n and im not sure how old it is or if its worn out!!!

Just my opinion, but as soon as it was bought, it was shot!

Do yourself a favour and get a proflow adaptor plate for your stock airbox, and install dual foam filters, then when they get dirty, you can use soap and water to clean them, and them buy some filter oil and recoat for piece of mind. I had my KN filter rattle loose more than once from the holder, once it does, all that shit starts entering the motor and can harm it real fast!

That's funny, because I've ran nothing but K&N filters for 14 years, and I've never had a single problem with them, or the motor, because of them. I think it boils down to personal preference, is all.

Me to.

I love the guys who say running a K&N lets dirt in. I guess they just dont know what they are doing.

I've ran a dual stage foam before, and it didn't flow as much air, was a messy bitch to clean, and re-oil. When I had my airbox, and changed from the foam, to a K&N, I had to go up 3 sizes on the main, and the filter was all I changed. I'm sure I'll get some arguments, but good luck disproving the fact that I've ran K&N's for 14 years, with no dirt, dust, or sand in the carbs, or motor.

To me, a K&N with a clean outer wear is bullet proof, as long as you keep up the maintenance, and make sure the clamp is tight.

X2, I have also been running K&N's on all my quads for over 10 years. K&N W/ Prefilter is the way to go in my opinion. Sounds like a filter falling off is operator error...Put some "Man" Into tightening that hose clamp.

X2, I have also been running K&N's on all my quads for over 10 years. K&N W/ Prefilter is the way to go in my opinion. Sounds like a filter falling off is operator error...Put some "Man" Into tightening that hose clamp.

X3, I have ran nothing but a K&N since day one on my 89, first one in the airbox and for the last 19 years a Toomey 2n1 setup with a K&N element. I also have them on the wife's and kid's bike. I have never lost a motor because of dirt passing the filter. As long as it is properly oiled and has a good outerwear on it, they are the best filter for riding in the dunes. I also have a K&N in the stock airbox of my truck and there is never any dirt in the intake tract of it either.

might be a dumb question but..... how do u know when ur K&N filter is shot? I bought it with the k&n and im not sure how old it is or if its worn out!!!

If there are no holes in it and the wire mesh is in good shape then just by a recharger kit and clean and oil it.If you take good care of them they will last the life of the bike.There is no better filter out there than a K&N for your banshee,whether it be pods, or a filter in your air box.If a filter falls off it is not the filters fault,it is the fault of the installer.