whats the best bolt on mod for the money

Hands down, a good set of pipes, and silencers, which will lead to you having to rejet the carbs.

i want to get a set of pipes for my shee, cause right now all i have is a boost bottle, and everything else engine wise is stock, although the snorkel is removed.

how do dg pipes compare, cause you can find a set on ebay for pretty cheap usualy.

yah, pipes are the best bolt-on you can do to a stock motor, but going by the title, the biggest gains for the money is a $30 timing plate. unless, of coarse, you pick up some good pipes for dirt cheap, lol. and that happens all the time, if you are not really picky about cosmetics.

yah, pipes are the best bolt-on you can do to a stock motor, but going by the title, the biggest gains for the money is a $30 timing plate. unless, of coarse, you pick up some good pipes for dirt cheap, lol. and that happens all the time, if you are not really picky about cosmetics.

yeah im going to try to find a set of used pipes once i do the rear shock and all those bearings. btw i do alot of trail riding, but i also ride shale pits (northeners version of sand pits but with stone), and at my friends tracks, so what would be a good all around pipe?

Tim @ Stellar has a set of black toomey T5s for sale ! 200 bucks and IMO they are great pipes, then do the jetting and air cleaner mod then the timing plate and like SLO said mill the head 20-25 mm ,,,,,,, with all this you will see a major increase in power !

Edited by Paul M

Don't forget about compression.

the banshee is designed to run on the lowest grade of gasoline. THEN there are variances in manufacturing meaning the tolerances are looser still than what the manufacturer's compression golas were to be safe on regular unleaded.

What this means is that there is a LOT of room to improve your combustion chamber efficiency.

If you want to stay on pump gas, mill your head .025"

If you want to run 50/50 race fuel of avgas, you can shave .030" off the head. This will give you a nice gain across the powerband.

Like I said, timing too, you can buy a plate for 30 bucks or mod yours for free.

Then the pipes. It will be a totally different machine after you do this.

RB racing does a reallly good port job as well and his services I believe are the best porting bang for your buck.

For $600 dollars you can go from 35 ish hp to about 60

Tim @ Stellar has a set of black toomey T5s for sale ! 200 bucks and IMO they are great pipes, then do the jetting and air cleaner mod then the timing plate and like SLO said mill the head 20-25 mm ,,,,,,, with all this you will see a major increase in power !

wow toomeys for 200, who has em?