stock banshee jets

Hey, i live at about 1000ft above sea level, and my banshee had 200 main jets with 50 pilot jets! so i switched out the pilot jets for 25's and it runs a bit better but it still doesnt have a screamin powerband. the only motor mods it has is a boost bottle and the tors are removed (i dont have a kill switch either, oops!).

no pipes?

i would bump that main up to a 210. you can ditch the boost bottle as it isnt helping you any. they have been known to crack the intake boots causing air leaks.

if you want more power, you really need to snag some pipes. anything is better than stock.

x2, allot of new guys mistake aftermarket pipes, and any intake/airbox/filter change as a relivant jetting mod. if all you have is a boost bottle, it will want a larger pilot, but a stock piped bike will need anywhere up to 240, provided everything stock is still there all the way from the snorkel to the silencers

x2, allot of new guys mistake aftermarket pipes, and any intake/airbox/filter change as a relivant jetting mod. if all you have is a boost bottle, it will want a larger pilot, but a stock piped bike will need anywhere up to 240, provided everything stock is still there all the way from the snorkel to the silencers

Mine has the snorkel removed, but the previous owner gave me it and a bunch of extra parts (no balencer pipe though :( ), so i put it on one day and it ran like it had fouled plugs or the spark plug caps werent on, it sucked! even with the 25 pilots and 200 mains it still feels kinda rich, it doesnt have great top end wich is what banshees are known for, so idk.

Clean up the carbs and air-filter, put new plugs in and check the needle position. It should be in the midle.

I had stock motor a year back and it was just fine with that kind of jetting. I´m 300-350 asl.

Don´t be afraid to adjust your carbs... after all it´s fun and you will not blow your motor while you are testing it! Just use your common sence to how it feels. If it´s too rich -> lots of smoke, fouled plugs and can´t get the RPM´s up. If it´s lean -> hard to start, no smoke, no low end power, maybe screams up top with NO POWER! If you think it´s rich and don´t want to put smaller mains in -> just drill couple of 1" holes to the airbox lid. If it gets better drill some more and so on.

On good tip: Warm the motor good, and while it´s standing and idles HIT the throttle as fast as you can to WOT!

If there is SMOOOHHH sound (intake sound) and it wont rev up in that second you are lean on the mains. If it rattles long but can rev up you are rich. If you do that zero-wot-zero-wot and there is "snaps"´n´"pops" coming out of the pipe -> you are way too lean on the mains.

You can do it!

-Pasi S.

i actually got it pretty good, i took the carbs apart, and cleaned every single part and jet, then switched to 25 pilots with the snorkel off and it was okay but i think i found the problem, the choke tube was missing so i put a new one on. to bad my banshees apart right now, waiten for a shock, bearings, plastics, and some random parts like a kill switch, new air filter, plus some random odds and ends (like lights). thanks guys.

• 2 months later...