4 mill porting?

If your cylinders just have a clean up port and have just been opened up so they flow better then you should be ok,it is just when the port timings have been changed alot you cant use them.

Alright thank you very much thats what I was hoping. I might just wait and put it on my other bike. The bike I just built is more oriented for mx and is tons of fun with more of a clean up port job no transfer work at ALL. Just T5s, pwk 28s, ported cages, little things like that. Do you think a 4 mill would be a bit much on this bike? Its not raced or anything just a play bike. I have another bike im redoing I could do a 4 mill in. Also does anyone have any experience with vitos 404 kits for stock cylinders?

Alright thank you very much thats what I was hoping. I might just wait and put it on my other bike. The bike I just built is more oriented for mx and is tons of fun with more of a clean up port job no transfer work at ALL. Just T5s, pwk 28s, ported cages, little things like that. Do you think a 4 mill would be a bit much on this bike? Its not raced or anything just a play bike. I have another bike im redoing I could do a 4 mill in. Also does anyone have any experience with vitos 404 kits for stock cylinders?

I think a 4mil would work good, but the T-5s aren't meant for mx like a pro circiut.I haven't messed with the 404 kit,but if you put too big of sleeve in stock jugs it takes away from your transfer port passage area,there is not enough room.

Ya I know but im not much for all that bottem end my shee does fine on bottem end imo with 15 41 gearing. I've only owned a couple four strokes in my life i've always rode 2 strokes most of them being quite high strung with no bottem end.. So no problem with me I like to ride the upper rpms anyway lol. I just can't decide what I want to do with this bike yet. Not sure if I want to just do ported cylinders and then build the other one up for realy putting the smack down. So as far as the vitos cylinders do you think I should just stay away? I think once I add my cfm air box, my adjustable timing plate, and some ported cylinders I should be more then content for a while on this bike. It handles and jumps so much better then my old 89. Im stumped lol what do you think I should do? Thanks for all the help! :cheers:

Ive considered it but am I going to lose much bottem end in this setup? I do ride some trails and slower riding especially when I take the lady with me (Gotta make it enjoyable for her too!) I know the mid/top should be insane, ive just always heard they were more of a drag setup and still want to be able to do some track and trail riding. BTW your bike looks SWEET. :headbang:

Ive considered it but am I going to lose much bottem end in this setup? I do ride some trails and slower riding especially when I take the lady with me (Gotta make it enjoyable for her too!) I know the mid/top should be insane, ive just always heard they were more of a drag setup and still want to be able to do some track and trail riding. BTW your bike looks SWEET. :headbang:

Yea, they are for drag mainly. Thanks

4 mill long rod is the way to go IMO.

If your cylinders already have a clean up port it's basically drop in and go.

Port work is relatively simple for the do it yourselfers too.

That's Gonna be my next build fo sho

Edited by SLORYDER