Kermit Dunes " TEXAS " mid July

See dune info here: http://www.duneguide.com/sand_dune_guide_kermit.htm

I want to have a weekend ride out here at kermit. These dunes dont see a lot of traffic these days, most people have never even heard of them. Lets bring in a little business BHQ style. I want to do this mid July or maybe around the 4th? Its 3 months before the BHQ LS ride, should be just enough time for me to jones for sand and fix what I break at kermit. Lets do this guys!!

Id go if i new there were gonna be some drag bikes <_<

Whats mine going to be "Chopped Liver"? It will be a hot "SOB" in July! I would like to go but July? I have been there in the past. Last I heard someone stole all the copper out of the campground. The last time I was there is when they started taking down the pavillions, sat there and watched the county do it, it was very sad.

This is the offical site now. I have spoken to the owners in the past real nice folks. TBM how far away is it for you? Its still 6 hours for me.

http://www.kermitsandinc.com/

Whats mine going to be "Chopped Liver"? It will be a hot "SOB" in July! I would like to go but July? I have been there in the past. Last I heard someone stole all the copper out of the campground. The last time I was there is when they started taking down the pavillions, sat there and watched the county do it, it was very sad.

What date would yall suggest? Its hot here like 11.5 months a year lol

[/quote

if no one likes the heat than mid jan, I would ride with you in july but it's a 24 hr drive from mi. where are those dunes? I used to live in Arlington tx and never been there. if it wasn't for family I would still be there.

Edited by toytech

[/quote

if no one likes the heat than mid jan, I would ride with you in july but it's a 24 hr drive from mi. where are those dunes? I used to live in Arlington tx and never been there. if it wasn't for family I would still be there.

Outside of Kemit, Texas, west of Odessa/Midland.

[/quote

Mid Jan it might be Sand covered in Snow....lol.... gotta love TX.

ame='toytech' date='03 June 2010 - 07:22 AM' timestamp='1275567722' post='1136982']

Outside of Kemit, Texas, west of Odessa/Midland.

cool thanks, been to midland tx area before

• 2 months later...