Sand Jam

Fullthrottle02

I have never been to the dunes on an event weekend. I am planning a trip for the weekend of June 12th and just saw today where that is the weekend of Sand Jam. Is this weekend extremely busy? Will you be able to get a camp site if you don't show up till later in the week?

what day are you planning on getting there? it would be best to get there earlier to have a selection of sites to pick from, but if you showed up early early friday morning, i would think there would be a couple sites left. i heard sand jam was gonna be pretty sweet this year, wish i could make it.

Plan on heading down Thursday sometime. Just didn't know if a state camp spot would be available or if i should reserve one through LSPS.

I have never been there, but my expierence in the Oregon Dunes with Sandfest or Dunefest says that if you don't have reservations you won't have a place to camp. If you can get reservations, I would do it so you don't have to worry about it, and you can arrive when you want.

Edited by bansheesandrider