2010 BansheeHQ Ride Little Sahara, OK in October

Typically most people just ride out to the drag strip. We normally have some sxs's with us to haul fuel. A truck can drive out there but its easy to get stuck are sand is very soft and deep.

our sand is soft too.. we can't get into our dunes unless we run 10-12psi in the tires.. Is it the same way there? or do they still get stuck even while running low pressure?

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

our sand is soft too.. we can't get into our dunes unless we run 10-12psi in the tires.. Is it the same way there? or do they still get stuck even while running low pressure?

I run mine stock with no problems really. Only time we ever got one stuck was in a 6' snow drift last spring break :jesterlaugh:

I've got a 4x4 1500 Silverado running A/T 285's, just to give you an idea.

Is anyone bringing something to drag the track with or just run and hold on......lol

Because it sounds like its going to get pretty busy @ the Strip and it will be trashed in no Time.

I'd suggest going a little north and west of the front drag strip. There's a flat section in there right next to the trails that would be perfect for 4-5 bikes to race, it's flat and goes plenty of distance. Be nice for the bigger bikes that won't enjoy the whoops

i thought we might bring some pvc pipe and cut it into like 4 ft toll posts and pound those into the ground and then get some caution tape and rope off the drag area so people cant run across it. probably cost 30 to 40 unless we got a plumber around that has alot of 1" pvc lying about

I think we should bring some poles and mark off some distances.. 300 or 400'. Whatever everyone wants to race to. It'll be a lot easier to determine a winner. I will bring some extra flags to stick on them if someone wants to bring something.

I agree, the drag strip gets whooped out bad towards the end where everyone stops. The strip on out past it is always better.

i have 3 10 ft blades off of a box blade. i have been keeping them around to weld to some pipe and make about a 20 ft wide drag it will be heavy tho i used to pull a 8 ft double, sideways behind my 300 kawai and it pulled ok this one will be much much bigger. i will have it ready for this trip for sure. i think a SXS should be able to drag it OR a truck if you really want./

a BUNCH of pallets straped together works really well also. hey are a lil lighter and can make it baby smooth out there. and they are easier to pull just take longer to work right. that what i have been using around here on the sand barrs.

looks like i will try and make it down on tuesday. i think i will try to be on the park side tho.

i have 3 10 ft blades off of a box blade. i have been keeping them around to weld to some pipe and make about a 20 ft wide drag it will be heavy tho i used to pull a 8 ft double, sideways behind my 300 kawai and it pulled ok this one will be much much bigger. i will have it ready for this trip for sure. i think a SXS should be able to drag it OR a truck if you really want./

a BUNCH of pallets straped together works really well also. hey are a lil lighter and can make it baby smooth out there. and they are easier to pull just take longer to work right. that what i have been using around here on the sand barrs.

looks like i will try and make it down on tuesday. i think i will try to be on the park side tho.

Cam I thought you were going to share a spot with one of us.

i will have my rv AND my trailer and possibly will have jenn coming on friday and possibly a few others as well. not sure exactilly what i am going to do BUT i am planning on getting there early enough to find a good spot on the state side.

i guess i can check into a spot on don's just not sure of the cost..?

i will have my rv AND my trailer and possibly will have jenn coming on friday and possibly a few others as well. not sure exactilly what i am going to do BUT i am planning on getting there early enough to find a good spot on the state side.

i guess i can check into a spot on don's just not sure of the cost..?

We usually split the cost of everyone staying on the campsite. It cost $120 for the four nites. Usually cost around 20-40 for each person for the four nites. Quaddad817 and I will probably get there on Tues or Wed, we both have taken off all week.

We usually split the cost of everyone staying on the campsite. It cost $120 for the four nites. Usually cost around 20-40 for each person for the four nites. Quaddad817 and I will probably get there on Tues or Wed, we both have taken off all week.

I am gonna roll in late Tuesday night or early Wednesday also.

SP