Stator Cover Modification & Waterproofing

Okay, i've already fried one stator while I was washing the shee, which pissed me off because as much mud and water as i've hit i didn't fry it then.. Anyhoo I want it completely sealed and impervious to moisture to keep me from having any other stator problems.

What im thinking about doing is cutting a stock stator cover, just before the second set of bolts (from the right side) and sealing my stator cover to the extreme. Cutting the stocker should allow me to remove half of it in case I need to do a sprocket change without disturbing the seal on the stator.

Has anyone already done this? and what have you found to be the best method of sealing up the stator? I already shot both ends of the stator wiring harness full of clear silicone.

Okay, i've already fried one stator while I was washing the shee, which pissed me off because as much mud and water as i've hit i didn't fry it then.. Anyhoo I want it completely sealed and impervious to moisture to keep me from having any other stator problems.

What im thinking about doing is cutting a stock stator cover, just before the second set of bolts (from the right side) and sealing my stator cover to the extreme. Cutting the stocker should allow me to remove half of it in case I need to do a sprocket change without disturbing the seal on the stator.

Has anyone already done this? and what have you found to be the best method of sealing up the stator? I already shot both ends of the stator wiring harness full of clear silicone.

did u try a new seal? i have sunk my banshees, and always powerwash them, never have a problem like that.

I've never had a problem with swamping the stator and I too have been in alot of water and power wash it after every ride. But a while ago I was trying different front gear sizes and got real sick of always taking off the foot pegs shifter and entire stator cover just to change out a gear so I just took a cut off wheel to the grill peices on the cover. I have pics of it in my sig. It may not look the greatest(kinda like something is missing) but it sure makes it alot easier to switch out gears. Check the pic out and let me know what you think.

• 1 year later...

i had 2 small self tapping screws in it. 1 on the top and 1 as a draining plug underneath. after i washed it, i took the top one out and sprayed innox inside. ran it then drained it. i did this as the first flywheel i had was a rusty one. i was too anal when cleanign it. i think too you have to be careful pressure washing it.