This is a must read topic on buying parts

I guess where I'm at is there were two wrongs. The wrong item was shipped and the buyer had the wrong part machined prior to inspecting it. I was also under the impression that the buyer wanted to return the part for the 4mm part. I do believe the company should have made it right by offering thicker gaskets if that would have made the buyer happy. I can't say the blame is 100% either way because it's really not.

Also, keep in mind with situations like this there is always three sides to the story. That is the buyer's side, the seller's side and the truth.

Thanks for the comments. I can assure you what I've said is the gods honest truth. $40, are you shitting me, to start this? All the thousends of bucks sitting in my shop with paddle tires and I'm going to cry about $40. I have what I have because of hard work and not letting people screw me. You guys know the deal!

This is the same exact scenario as my wrong wheel from Yamaha of Troy that I bought 2 years and 8 months ago. A good paying customer shouldn't have to get out the calipers and mic to make sure something they paid good money for is correct. Looking at my wheels I could see that both fronts were 10x5 ITP T-9 Baja wheels and HD tires but at first glance I couldn't see the 12 mm difference in bolt pattern so I thought they were ok. No I didn't measure it or try to put it on for 2 years and 8 months because I was stuck in a bad position on getting my Banshee built. When I went to put it on 3-4 weeks ago I noticed and got pissed. I spent $350 and got a 4/144 wheel and a 4/156 wheel from Yamaha of Troy that should've been 2 4/156 wheels for the front of my Banshee along with Holeshot HD tires. Most members on here disagreed with me about Yamaha of Troy still being responsible after over 2.5 years and it being their fault to begin with. I applaud this guy for dogging Inland ATV and telling us what's going on with his $40 part because he even called and verified it was a 4 mm spacer, not a 2 mm, and they still sent him the wrong part. People seem scared to stand up to a company nowadays. They have a responsibility to sell AND ship the correct part or it is their fault. As tight as money is now a company should do everything in their power to keep a customer happy so they can keep the customer period. Sad to say but losing a good customer over their own measly $40 mistake is a piss poor way of doing business and they won't stay in business long with habits like that. Personally I feel that a company's customer service is what builds the business, not sales numbers. When sales are down it's the reliable, dedicated, supportive customers that keep coming back and keep the business running and that stems from customer service, nuff said.

Edited by bigblockbanshee

There is a reason why Inland ATV is on there 3rd ebay user name. Inland ATV, in2glamis, and dunetire.

They were listing 4mill kits with a Hot Rod's 4mill crank. Then when it showed up at a members door step it was a no name crank. Good ol Inland ATV. :headbang:

There is a reason why Inland ATV is on there 3rd ebay user name. Inland ATV, in2glamis, and dunetire.

They were listing 4mill kits with a Hot Rod's 4mill crank. Then when it showed up at a members door step it was a no name crank. Good ol Inland ATV. :headbang:

you've got to be shittin me,,,,that is just shady as fuck.