bad reeds?

formula1

I have stock reeds on my banshee. I just had it all torn down replaced gaskets and rebuild carbs. I had some small gaps in my reeds so I turned them over and the gaps where gone. Now I had it running the other day ran real good. Let it sit over night tried to go out riding and it would not start. I took the carbs and reeds off. I cleaned off the reeds and some gas and oil in the flap cleaned it out with some air dried it off. Went to start it and it started good and ran fine. Same problem now it wont start. After a few kicks it almost turns over and then nothing. I can kick it for hours. So I take it i need some new reeds.

I have stock reeds on my banshee. I just had it all torn down replaced gaskets and rebuild carbs. I had some small gaps in my reeds so I turned them over and the gaps where gone. Now I had it running the other day ran real good. Let it sit over night tried to go out riding and it would not start. I took the carbs and reeds off. I cleaned off the reeds and some gas and oil in the flap cleaned it out with some air dried it off. Went to start it and it started good and ran fine. Same problem now it wont start. After a few kicks it almost turns over and then nothing. I can kick it for hours. So I take it i need some new reeds.

What do you mean by all torn down? Replaced gaskets? Are we just talking about the intake? Top end? Cases? Just by what you are describing it sounds like jetting. Hard to start but runs fine once warm.

Need more info.

SP

What were the results fo the leak sown test?

SP

Did not do one. I just find it funny that after I wiped down the reeds it started. Do you think since I turned them over they might just be hard opening and being stuck with the fluid. I guess I could just order some new reed valves they are cheap.

Did not do one. I just find it funny that after I wiped down the reeds it started. Do you think since I turned them over they might just be hard opening and being stuck with the fluid. I guess I could just order some new reed valves they are cheap.

No. The pressure differential will definitely open the reeds. It sounds like you have too much air and not enough fuel. Which could be jetting or an air leak. Wouldn't know if you have an air leak because you didn't leak test anything after having the top end off. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Flip the reeds back over and see where you're at if that's all you changed between running and not running. I think it is just a coincidence though.

SP