Rocket pipe sparkies for cheap

Yep they have to be legit spark arrestors or you still run the risk of getting caught. How many times a day do you think they see this stuff. They wernt born yesterday.

Plus just slapping a screen in the end of your pipe and craming the end cap back on would cut down on flow. With the a real spark arrestor you have way more surface area of screen so you have better flow. It doesnt take very much packing to plug up a spark arrestor screen.

Well it's not any different " appearing " then the moose spark arrestor inserts that they sell at David Allen Racing store in Silver Lake.

The moose ones are at least $ 20.00 and have a tighter mesh then my Home Depot specials, meaning they won't flow as well as the $ 2.00 drain screens. The other difference is that the moose inserts come with a forestry approved sticker.

I let my nephew borrow mine and take it up there, he said " they just looked at it, looked around them and just waived him in".

My experience with these at Silver Lake so far is that the DNR officers at the dune entrance, have what looks like a 18" piece of flag pole that they stick in your silencer to make sure it's not straight through, ultimately checking for a spark arrestor within the silencer. They went to stick the prober in the silencer but realized it was arrested at the back and just waived me in.

Mike

Edited by RZBansheeMan

It all depends on your luck of the draw. IF they don't give a shit...which some don't, they'll waive you.

If they want to be pricks, they'll turn you away...simple as that.

That's why we load up the bikes in the back of the truck and drive in. They barely look then...:)

im only going to be riding in the dunes for like 4 days.

the only way i would buy some spark arrestors is if i can be guaranteed a quick re-sell.

do you think i would get my money back out of them if they only had one trip to the dunes on them?

if not i will just fab up some ones like posted previously and try my luck.