small mods

hey i have a twice used 2001 shee that came with a set of toomey t6s and a set of hd holeshots. so far before i even rode it i installed aftermarket needles and modified the airbox. i am looking for some help on some cheap and easy hop ups to keep up a little more with my buddies. i ride dunes and just about everywhere so any help would be greatly appreciated

Adjustable timing plate set at +4,Tors eliminator kit with idle screws,and different gearing are some things you should look at for small mods.If money isn't a problem then things like v force reed valves,rad valves,or even some new or used carbs and cool head or stock head with some work done are pretty small things than can be pretty noticeable

Adjustable timing plate set at +4,Tors eliminator kit with idle screws,and different gearing are some things you should look at for small mods.If money isn't a problem then things like v force reed valves,rad valves,or even some new or used carbs and cool head or stock head with some work done are pretty small things than can be pretty noticeable

thanks. but yes money is pretty tight and i am just starting out. been around shees since i was little but since i finaly got one i am just starting small. i have heard about the boost bottle and was wondering if it helped at all with bottom end?

thanks. but yes money is pretty tight and i am just starting out. been around shees since i was little but since i finaly got one i am just starting small. i have heard about the boost bottle and was wondering if it helped at all with bottom end?

boost bottles are great for the bottom end of your dustbin. dont waste your money.

this topic has been very well documented on the forum, try the search feature on anything you are looking for as i pretty much guarantee that you will find what you are looking for without having to ask.

Yea boost bottles are junk.

Get a timing plate (perferably billit) and have your stock head shaved to raise compression.

is there any noticeable power change in top end when you advance the timing and can you use the stock plate. also my dad has a spare stock head that was milled thirty over. i hear that it will raise the engine temps and will it give any noticeable power difference?

The best mod you can do is sell those T-6s and get some T-5s. T-6s are meant for a bike with no other mods,T-5s will run circles around T-6s. I would also put pod filters on and do the timing mod, you will notice a difference with that shaved head,it will give you more torque.

what performance will i get out of removing the tors setup? and how can i remove them without the expensive removal kit?

what performance will i get out of removing the tors setup? and how can i remove them without the expensive removal kit?

You will get no perfomance gain from removing them. It is more of a convieniance thing. There is no way to do it with out a kit. It comes with new carb caps, throttle cable and stuff to drill / tap new Idle speed adjustment screws.

In the banshee world there isnt very much you can do with No money.

is there any noticeable power change in top end when you advance the timing and can you use the stock plate. also my dad has a spare stock head that was milled thirty over. i hear that it will raise the engine temps and will it give any noticeable power difference?

A shaved head and timing plate will give you a boost in midragne. I havent herd of any problems with overheating. You can modd your own stator plate. You just slot the holes so you can turn it. I am sure there is a post on here some where with a how to.

Don't know exactly what mod you did to air box , but Iwas going to suggest that and or new air filter, you will have to rejet any time you increase air flow.

i drilled out a few holes in the bottom of the lid and kept the divider to keep a solid and consistent airflow.