ran hard for the first time on new pistons a few questions

ok so my plugs looked great all day after the first hard ride on the new pistons and timing plate. the end of the day we rode a long rode back to the garage so we really opened them up i would go WOT for about 5-10 secs let off and go WOT again that was for about 3-5 mins of road. now i did have to go back up the road in WOT (buddys shee blew up behind me). when i got to garage i pulled plugs and they looked like they were getting copper/reddish? were they starting to lean? should it have done that? my mods adjustable timing plate +2, t5's, .60 over, hot rod crank, boost bottle( i know it was there when i bought it), cool head 21cc dome, 270 mains, boysen dual stage reeds. any help would be good thank again HQ.

If it is jetted correctly you should be able to go out and run WOT with no problems. The problem is that most of your riding you do is on the needle 1/4 to 3/4 throttle. So if your banshee runs fine in a normal off road setting you think all is well and it is dialed 100% in. You verry seldomly run at WOT in an off road setting except for long shots down roads. Well turns out your jetting isnt quite right and you go barling down a road at WOT and blow it up.

I dont know how many people have told me that you cant hold a banshee at WOT for more than a few seconds or it will ruin the engine.

If it is jetted correctly you should be able to go out and run WOT with no problems. The problem is that most of your riding you do is on the needle 1/4 to 3/4 throttle. So if your banshee runs fine in a normal off road setting you think all is well and it is dialed 100% in. You verry seldomly run at WOT in an off road setting except for long shots down roads. Well turns out your jetting isnt quite right and you go barling down a road at WOT and blow it up.

I dont know how many people have told me that you cant hold a banshee at WOT for more than a few seconds or it will ruin the engine.

well i ride trails to get to the coal hills and shoot the coal hills WOTshouldnt that do the same thing? also does that mean there will be no happy medium?