thoughts on R.I.S. designs

323manshee

Hey what's up guys, I joined this forum and got my first shee a few weeks ago but this is my first post. I know everyone is all for the site sponsors but I just want to know what your thoughts on R.I.S designs out of paramount ca. are. They are local for me and I've bought a few billet accesories from them so far. They seem like cool people to me and the shop and bikes they have look legit, but I just want to know if anyone has anything good or bad to say about them. Thanks a lot guys.

I didnt no they got into building engines and port work. I havent hit them up yet to see if i can be a dealer for them yet. There on my list though. For now ill stick with modquad parts and accessories. same stuff really and they've been real good to me.

Yeah those looks solid, as well as their other billet stuff, but I was more concerned with their porting, boring, and all around engine building skills.

For that kind of stuff it is better to stick with some one that is known to be good. Unless you dont mind being an experiament. Everybody has to start some where but it is your engine so it is your desision.

I would go with a FAST for engine work, not some one that is known for shiny billit accesories.

For that kind of stuff it is better to stick with some one that is known to be good. Unless you dont mind being an experiament. Everybody has to start some where but it is your engine so it is your desision.

I would go with a FAST for engine work, not some one that is known for shiny billit accesories.

That's a good way of lookin at it. Thanks guys.

I didnt no they got into building engines and port work. I havent hit them up yet to see if i can be a dealer for them yet. There on my list though. For now ill stick with modquad parts and accessories. same stuff really and they've been real good to me.

they said they do everything, including Powdercoating. They also said they've been building engines for years and they back their stuff 100%. I've got some motoquad stuff also. The cosmetic stuff is for the most part the same.

Boring a cylinder and getting it to run is one thing, vs trying to get the power where the customer wants it is another thing. That is where porting experiance comes in to play. I am sure they can do general machine shop stuff pretty well, but I wouldnt trust them with porting.

If you really want to know how good they are, ask them for the names of some local customers that you can contact and see how happy they are with the work RIS did. I am all for supporting the site sponsors, but I also have a real problem with shipping my motor off to some shop that I have never seen. I like to be able to walk into a place ans see how it is run, is it neat and clean, will they show me what they are working on, what they have for inventory, etc. There are alot of shops in this country that do good work, but are not site sponsors unfortunately.

I am just saying they obvesly are not known for building banshee's. They dont have the reputation that:

FAST

HJR

Redline Racing

Patriot Racing

A&S

RDZ

K&T

Grand River Racing

Dave Moore Racing

Passion Racing

Twister

all have for building great banshee engines.

• Like 1

I am just saying they obvesly are not known for building banshee's. They dont have the reputation that:

FAST

HJR

Redline Racing

Patriot Racing

A&S

RDZ

K&T

Grand River Racing

Dave Moore Racing

Passion Racing

Twister

all have for building great banshee engines.

And all I am saying is that those guys did not have a reputation at one time. Everybody has to start somewhere, Louie at Twister used to get HIS engine work done at the defunct JD racing in exchange for painting stuff for them.

And all I am saying is that those guys did not have a reputation at one time. Everybody has to start somewhere, Louie at Twister used to get HIS engine work done at the defunct JD racing in exchange for painting stuff for them.

And I said if you want to be in on their learing process and role the dice then go for it. If you want provent results stick with some one who is known for building banshee's, not billit trinkets.

And I said if you want to be in on their learing process and role the dice then go for it. If you want provent results stick with some one who is known for building banshee's, not billit trinkets.

If nobody give the new guys a chance, then who is going to build our engines when the established guys are no longer in the business? I have seen multiple shops fold up, even though they had work lined up for a month in advance. In tis day and age, you never know when a shop is going to close and then you are looking for a new shop.Like I said before, find some local customers to talk to and maybe even ride their bike. If you like what you see and hear, then go for it.

If you really want to know how good they are, ask them for the names of some local customers that you can contact and see how happy they are with the work RIS did. I am all for supporting the site sponsors, but I also have a real problem with shipping my motor off to some shop that I have never seen. I like to be able to walk into a place ans see how it is run, is it neat and clean, will they show me what they are working on, what they have for inventory, etc. There are alot of shops in this country that do good work, but are not site sponsors unfortunately.

That's exactly why I like those guys. They are local, they let me into the shop, which is one of the neatest ones that I've seen, and they even started up a bike for me. Ill let you guys know if I decide to go for it and when. Thanks.