PWK 35

pr0blumz

After I rejetted my bike, one the my carbs start leaking gas out of the overflow tubes so I gave it a couple of light tabs with the handle of my screwdriver and that solved the problem. Soon after, that side of my motor would hesitate while cruising and the hesitation would get even worse full throttle. So, I switched sides with the carbs just to make sure it was the carb and the problem switched sides with the carb. I took the carb off, removed the jets, and sprayed everything with a can of carb cleaner. I put the carb back on and I'm still having the same problem out of the carb. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

• 1 month later...

Well, I thought the problem had switched sides but it's still on the right. I cleaned both carbs thoroughly and synced them but I'm still getting a bog on the right throughout the entire rpm range. The jets are 48, 175, CEL on the 3rd, and air screws 2 turns out. No air leaks and compression is good. Any ideas?

They could. So when you switched carbs side to side did the problem move or did it stay on the same cylinder?

It stayed with the same cylinder. When I'm not in powerband and throttle it, it bogs which causes me to have to downshift. I replaced the reed petals about three months ago.

Where exactly are you located? Your elevation? And what mods to cause you to have to run 175 mains? Seems rather large to me. I can't see your mods if u have a sig, I'm on my iPhone.

Its a 421 cub. I'm in MS and at sea level. I have been running the 175 the whole time and never had a problem with a bog until now. A bog when I'm not in the powerband and a sputtered rev up top on that one side.

Edited by pr0blumz