hotrods long rod crank & stroker crank?

a buddy of mine ran a wiseco china made crank in his '08 yz250 and the rod snapped, wrecking his cases, cylinder, and v-force reed cage.

I havent ever herd anybody recomending a Wiseco Crank over a Hot Rods crank.

Hot Rods crank, and Wiseco pistons.

I've run wiseco in everything from a ATC200X a ATC250R with a 120 over piston a LT250 and now my Banshee and have experienced nothing but good quality and I can't tell you how many friends I have who refuse to get anything else

I have used nothing but Wisecos in every ATV or motorcyle I have ever owned. ProX is a cast piston made be Wiseco now, they are listed on the Wiseco web site. Yes you can set up a cast piston with tighter clearances than a forged piston because they do not expand as much, but if you use a machinist that knows what he is doing, he will set up the bores for the proper clearances at operating temperature and when the bike is at temp. everything will be fine. A forged piston is what you want in a performance motor- it is what is used in most professional classes of drag racing, it is recomended with NOS, etc. The only problems I have heard of with Wisecos is the guys thatare hand lightening them and go to far.

I havent ever herd anybody recomending a Wiseco Crank over a Hot Rods crank.

Hot Rods crank, and Wiseco pistons.

the only reason i mentioned anything about the china made wiseco crank, was to further confirm the original topic starters comment, about hearing wiseco outsourcing alot of their work.

I have heard of a lot of the cast pistons breaking skirts, so this isn't uncommon at all, but if you were to do a poll on this site, I'm guessing that Wiseco pistons would be the favorite by a 4:1 margin, or maybe even more. Too each his own, but until I have problems with Wiseco's pistons, I'll continue to run them.

cast piston breaking its skirt off, sounds like too much piston/cyl clearance. well whatever, you run what you want and i'll run what i want.....exactly, "to each his own".

Ive heard nothing but good things about vitos so im going with vitos. I dont like the fact that wiseco is contracting with china to do some of their work. Im not willing to gamble my engine on a foreign made piston. Vitos it is. By the time im done with this engine ill have around $2k in just parts in it and Ill pay a lil more for the best just for piece of mind and quality.

As for a wiseco crank....NO WAY!! This may have been a rare incident, but my friends crank totally grenaded itself a couple weeks ago and it was a wiseco. He bought it brand new and was not very old at all when it threw a rod through the case. the crank was rubbing all on the cases and everything else. Hotrods or Vitos cranks are the best shelf bought crank in my opinion.

I agree hotrod cranks are probably the best off the shelf but I've personally used a lot of wiseco pistons with no issues and saw a lot of buddys using them also without any problems.I just put wiseco pistons in my banshee I have 2 tanks of gas through it so far and its running great.I'm not gonna say get wiseco over vitos even if vitos are modded wisecos but I know for sure wiseco pistons are usually good and hold up well

As for a wiseco crank....NO WAY!! This may have been a rare incident, but my friends crank totally grenaded itself a couple weeks ago and it was a wiseco. He bought it brand new and was not very old at all when it threw a rod through the case. the crank was rubbing all on the cases and everything else. Hotrods or Vitos cranks are the best shelf bought crank in my opinion.

Ive heard nothing but good things about vitos so im going with vitos. I dont like the fact that wiseco is contracting with china to do some of their work. Im not willing to gamble my engine on a foreign made piston. Vitos it is. By the time im done with this engine ill have around $2k in just parts in it and Ill pay a lil more for the best just for piece of mind and quality.

Where does it say that Wiseco Pistons are made in China.

By the way Wiseco makes Vito's pistons so you still getting China junk if in deed they are made there. :shootself:

wiseco pistons that were bought about 2-3 years ago seemed excellent in quality. the ones i have been getting just recently are slipping in quality but quite a bit they are heavy'r, seems cheaper( hard to describe) and the cuts in them are different.. not sure if wiseco'd will be holding up to the quality they were known for, in the next 2-3 years.. rember when harley,davidson sold out to amf for a bit?? not sure whats going on over at wiseco but i'm not buying ANY wiseco built or sold crank EVER.

hot rods cranks seem to be nice. but i might try a vito's crank here before too long...

the wossner pistons seem pretty nice. not sure what the selection is yet.. also vertex pistons held up pretty good in the ole dirt bikes i used to build. ( 2 smokes)

piston clearances and mahineing of the cylinders is the biggest thing i feel in piston life... and overall motor quality

so, your buddies china made wiseco crank thru a rod and so did my buddies china wiseco crank. they're junk. there is a reason they are the cheapest aftermarket crank. you get what you pay for.

been running weiscos in my banshee for 2 years now with only 1 problem.shortly after i first got it the compression was about 108 and the left side piston caught the skirt on the exhaust port and messed it up. when i rebuilt i went with weiscos. been on that set for about 1.5 years now. and im not easy on my banshee.lol still starts the same as it did when i first rebuilt it.so idk

Edited by BlasterKX