stators

SD1026

well i was thinking of getting a 200 watt stator from ricky stator but i am reading all this bad feedback.im guessing stock is the way to go . does anyone have a positive story to tell about ricky stator product? is there any other high output stator that is a great quality product?

At one time, Ricky Stator was the shit. But then they sent their manufacturing overseas to China and it just became shitty. And it applies to all their current products- stators, flywheels, timing plates. Some guys have had OK luck with the Moose stator, it looks identical to the one offered bo Electrosport. Both of them run 2 seperate lighting circuits plus the ignition circuit, this requires that you run to seperate voltage regulators. One or two guys swear by the Rick's Electrics stators, but I had a CDI box from them that failed after less than 10 hours riding time. They did warranty it and I now carry it as a spare only. My personal opinion is the best thing to do is float the ground on a stock stator to get DC power, add a battery and run some LED or HID lights. HID lights draw a fair amount of power while they are firing off the ballast, but once they are lit up the power requirement is not that much and a stock stator will recharge the battery and run the lights.

I have one. When I first got my banshee, bought it used it has a 200w ricky stator on it. The previos owner had bought it and put it on. It was probably 5 or 6 years ago. It ran fine no problems whats so ever.

I though I would try to get a little more lighting out of it by running one of there HD flywheels. They have stronger magnets and produce better voltage at a lower rpm.

Then this happend. The rivis loosend up. One head sheared off and stuck to the out side of the flywheel. When it came around through the pickup coil it destroyed it. So the only good RS product I had was ruined by there crappy flywheel. You bet the did send me a nother flywheel and stator but the stator had problems just like all there new junk stators. I never even put the flywheel on, just sold it on ebay.

RS cant even keep a flywheel together let alone have stators that work right. I will never run one of there products again.

100_2219.jpg

100_2224.jpg

100_2226.jpg

well i was thinking of getting a 200 watt stator from ricky stator but i am reading all this bad feedback.im guessing stock is the way to go . does anyone have a positive story to tell about ricky stator product? is there any other high output stator that is a great quality product?

i have one from canada 400$ kit its ok for the price all i could find . stock is like 800$ and out of stock usually if i switched i would go with a pvl next and probably never look back. every time i break something I'm hall-in .

At one time, Ricky Stator was the shit. But then they sent their manufacturing overseas to China and it just became shitty. And it applies to all their current products- stators, flywheels, timing plates.

I agree 100%. Back in the day....

But economics and the almighty dollar took over from quality and craftsmanship.

Two go bad (normal stators) in two years. First one was warrantied and they were very quick to get me one back.

The second one I threw in the trash at the track...and that was that.

I carry a stock stator for backup in addition to the stock stator I use.

is there any other high output stator that is a great quality product?

If you absolutly need a high output stator then I would try a Ricks Motor Sport Electric's stator. They are expensive.

http://www.ricksmotorsportelectrics.com/index.php

They have a green thick coating over the coils kind of like the stock stators with the grey coating. You can find there stators on ebay for around 180.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/YAMAHA-BANSHEE-YFZ-350-ENGINE-MAGNETO-STATOR-95-04_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem5d28b743c4QQitemZ400115057604QQptZMotorsQ5fATVQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

1ece_1.JPG

The only down side to them is that they have 2 lighting circuits (yellow wires) so you have to run dual voltage regulators, and lighting circuits.

josh.

I have a 200watt RS stator that I have ran for 4 years. not a single issue. I replaced the set screws on the pickup with some allen head screws. I have read several people say they hate them, but I haven't had a single issue with mine.

If your interested I got one with an andjustable timing plate for 100 bucks.

Edit: Oh thats the new style plug as well.

Edited by Bansh-eman