Clutch Lockout. Whos got this one

Click here: BANSHEE CLUTCH UNIT SIDE CASE BLUE ANODIZED LOCK UP : eBay Motors (item 360245499833 end time Apr-19-10 21:40:08 P

this lockout caught my attention and wanted to see if theres anyone on here that runs it. if so hows the fit, finish, and quality, and most of all does it work well?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?VISuperSize&item=360245499833

I wouldn't get that one. You get a nice flashy lockup, but the cover is a modded factory one. The extension ring is welded or epoxied on. That could cause leaks. Direct drive sells a bran new cast cover that is extended. The lexan cover also looks different. It is a 7 bolt. Direct drive started out with 6 bolt lexan. Then they changed to a 12 bolt lexan. The 6 bolt lexan would warp and leak a little.

If you really want a flashy lockup, buy the Direct Drive Lockup. Take it appart and send the lockup body to some one that does custom paint ball marker anodizing.

I woulnt buy some thing that is flashy over one that is proven.

yah, that doesn't look like the dd with the 7 bolts, more like a modquad mabey, but you can probably get a nice new modquad from alfie, a site sponsor, cheaper. or, is it pro-design? it says protech design in the discription....

I wouldn't get that one. You get a nice flashy lockup, but the cover is a modded factory one. The extension ring is welded or epoxied on. That could cause leaks. Direct drive sells a bran new cast cover that is extended. The lexan cover also looks different. It is a 7 bolt. Direct drive started out with 6 bolt lexan. Then they changed to a 12 bolt lexan. The 6 bolt lexan would warp and leak a little.

If you really want a flashy lockup, buy the Direct Drive Lockup. Take it appart and send the lockup body to some one that does custom paint ball marker anodizing.

I woulnt buy some thing that is flashy over one that is proven.

Word...

I've had epoxy break on mine twice... Got it welded, no issues since. I don't care for any of the epoxies, roll up, pour in, etc...

If I ever break mine I'll buy the molded piece from Direct Drive. Not only is it one piece without the expansion ring it's also reinforced by the kick starter, where they're known to break on a kick back...and all the vent holes are gone. Nice and clean looking.

Yea the DD cover is nice. Deffinatly the way to go. When I got mine is was oringinally a 6 bolt lexan. The lexan would warp over time and it would seep a little transmission fluid. I bought the 12 bolt lexan ring when they came out with it, and no problems. Good to go.

6 bolt.

100_2642.jpg

12 bolt

100_2181.jpg

Direct Drive only. They are the only ones who cast a whole new clutch cover. Everyone else machines a stock cover and welds, and epoxies on the extension ring. Jeff at FAST has DD lockup clutches and covers. The only other option with a new cover is a billit one, but those are really expensive.

http://www.farmandsandtoys.com/partdetail.asp?partid=317

A sling shot lockup clutch can fit under the stock cover. It uses ball bearings and a ramped floor. So as rpm builds the bearings move out and cause the lockup to expand.

hey, jbooker- where'd you get that pump cover? i'm looking for one like that, or if i can find one to do the brushed "cooling fin" look.

i believe you can add longer bolts and nuts/washer combo to get more holding pressure, and sooner.