Asphalt Drag Suspension

kyburner

Whats up guys. I have a banshee frame with a cbr 900R motor in it. I am in Iraq right now and had the bike picked up by my dad the other day. It needs a ton of stuff done to it. But my question in here is, what would be the best route for me to take on the suspension. I plan on dragging it at the local 1/8th mi track. It is asphalt. I seen drag struts on ebay? Is this a good option? I dont plan on spending a ton of money on this thing its just for fun, but I do want it to perform well on the strip. Thanks for the help guys.

Well it has wheelie bars on it now. Ill be changing the frame quite a bit when I get home the guy who built it didnt care about looks much and it is UGLY. So Ill be cutting some off and redoing parts of it. Can u show me some pic of what u have available for sale?

i dont have anything for sale but i can have them made for you i wil post some pics up in a few

Ok I gotcha. Man I have a little bit of experience with drag racing cars and trucks. With somethnig bigger the right spring load and shock firmnes is very important. Can u give me some insight to why u would want Struts like these with no give or adjustability on firmness or softness for a bike? Others have told me the same thing, to go with these, I just want to know the reasoning behind it. Thanks again man