Coolant temp

Judge1

What is the boiling point of coolant 50/50 in banshee's? What is optimal operating temp.? Mine usually runs around 180 on automotive coolant and was thinking of going to engine ice but thought this might mask a lean condition as I rejet. I have sunk a fortune in a FAST 4mil. and dune port and want to do everything right! Any thoughts? :confused:

What is the boiling point of coolant 50/50 in banshee's? What is optimal operating temp.? Mine usually runs around 180 on automotive coolant and was thinking of going to engine ice but thought this might mask a lean condition as I rejet. I have sunk a fortune in a FAST 4mil. and dune port and want to do everything right! Any thoughts? :confused:

180 is OK any hotter is not .get a aftermarket coolant impeller or a bigger radiator for 100 degree weather if you hit 200 on the temp turn off the engine and let it cool down . my vito's rdz 421 4mm never goes more than 130 on my rad cap temp gage .but it is 40 degrees outside or colder her in alaska with a aftermarket billit impeller and stock radiator. good luck

Mine consistanly runs 180-200. When it is hot out it can get up to 220 wich is fine. I shut it down / point the radiator in to the wind and let it idle at 230 or so. Running an engine at to cold of a temp is just as bad for it as over heating.

Those temps are meaured right at the head outlet with my trail tech vapor. If you measuring it at the radiator cap then you readings might be lower than the actuall engine temp.

Mine consistanly runs 180-200. When it is hot out it can get up to 220 wich is fine. I shut it down / point the radiator in to the wind and let it idle at 230 or so. Running an engine at to cold of a temp is just as bad for it as over heating.

Those temps are meaured right at the head outlet with my trail tech vapor. If you measuring it at the radiator cap then you readings might be lower than the actuall engine temp.

My Trail Tech Vector shows 180-200 when I am riding, when it gets to 215, I either quit racing the hill or go for a high speed ride under light load. I know this does not hurt the motor because in the 7+ years I have been riding on this topend, I have only lost 10 psi on a compression test. I run a 50/50 mix of Prestone and distilled water with a small amount of Water Wetter added per the WW instructions, and I flush and change the coolant every 2 years or less. There is absolutely no corrosion in my cooling system.